1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose hasn't lost a step

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by liunatic, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Have you already forgotten how many times Paul closed it out in the 4th? I knkw its been a while since the season but dang.
    Rose is the mvp because his team relies heavily and solely on him, paul doesn't need to chuck up shots for lac to win.
    Hes the better all around pg.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Damn. Rose just killed the Pacers. He's looking like he's ready for the season to start. I hope he stays healthy! His combination of strength and quickness is unmatched at his position. Actually, I can't think of another player in the league like him. I think Westbrook comes close, but he's not as quick as Rose.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I agree. Westbrook comes close, but not close.

Rose has control with his speed. Westbrook is hella fast, but he loses control.

Rose wins the equilibrium speed balance. Which is why he is the best PG in the league today.

4. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

cant wait for us to crush Chicago with Rose...in Houston and in Chicago...

5. MVPCrawford

MVPCrawford Member

vs the pacers

[youtube]PWRTeTcwjmE[/youtube]

6. MVPCrawford

MVPCrawford Member

Actually those were terrible highlights- none of the nice drives on hibbert...

[youtube]PWRTeTcwjmE[/youtube]

7. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Haha man, if that happens i'd be hype. Chicago is a great team. I feel like it'll be a good test for us. And for our point guards. To see how Lin/Bev can try to contain Rose. And to those saying he's the best point guard in the league, lets not get carried away. CP3 has been the best PG in the league for quite a while, now. He may not have the resume to prove it, but just watch him play. His court vision, awareness, IQ, etc is just as good as it gets. And he's clutch and can score when he wants. Rose is definitely right there behind him, though. And if Kyrie Irving learns some defense, he'll be right behind Rose. All in all, we have a ton of great point guards in the league. It'll be interesting to see if Rose can surpass CP3 as the best point guard in the league, this year. It definitely won't be easy.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Derrick Rose is superhuman.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Looks like Rose also spent time working on his jumper too. If he comes back with an improved jumper then he might average 30 PPG this season...

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

15 layups and 15 jump shots made a game.

At least 60 PPG....................................

;)

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He looked effing amazing last night, and so did Luol Deng. Made quick work of the Pacers, with no Joakim Noah and no Jimmy Butler. Pacers are what, 0-5 now? I'm starting to wonder if they were just beneficiaries of really favorable match-ups last postseason.

12. AFS

AFS Member

It's preseason. The Pacers are still a really good team. They took the Heat to 7 games not too long ago.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Chris Paul 40 points 11 assists tonight. People tend to forget how amazing he is when he isn't coasting.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Don't think I said anything that suggests they aren't a really good team. However, I'm swapping them w/ CHI when it comes to most likely to supplant Miami in the east.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Until Rose can set the tempo effectively and intelligently, I will give a huge chunk of Chicago's success to Thibs, and I will have Russ and Rose right where they should be. (below Chris Paul)

16. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Ok I'll be the bad guy. Rose is overrated and his shot selection/ability as a floor general have still a ways to go (53 TS%, 13 TOV% ). He has yet to reach even prime Gilbert Arenas, let alone be in talks about carrying a team to the NBA finals or even Chris Paul status.

17. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Derrick Rose is my favorite NFL player on The Atlanta Braves.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, plus he's one of the best guys in the 4th quarter and always keeps perfect control of pace and his team. Rose may be a great scorer, but he still has ways to go until he reaches the all around greatness CP3 has. One of the msot complete players in the league.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

20. ln3012

ln3012 Member

would any team trade chris paul for rose? Nope.

would any team trade rose for chris paul? Probably.

End debate.