1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deron Williams," There could be another team that comes into the picture."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 220living, May 22, 2012.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can't think of a ticket-selling/franchise rejuvenating max free agent in his prime in recent memory. At least Amare did that for a little while.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

media sucks, so many teams need a good PG and yet they say he should go to only dallas, LA, NYC etc etc etc. Nets, Rockets, GSW, philly, Bucks, pistons etc etc ALL need him more than the 5 teams everyone keeps bringing up. Society only wants good players to play with each other while struggling teams stay at the bottom of the standings with no chance to get a difference maker

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Umm out of those teams you mentioned the Nets are the only ones who might have a realistic shot.

Why would they name those teams just because they need a pg that doesn't mean Deron Willliams wants to go there.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've already preordered my DWill Rockets jersey.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That contract starts at $17.4 million.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was averaging. Amare's 5yrs/$100MM contract started at $16.5MM and finishes at $23.5MM. If D-Will's would start off at $17.4MM, the last year would be around $25MM.

He isn't worth that much.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, he's saying Brooklyn and Dallas are the only teams he's interested in right now; but, who knows, maybe some team will make him a good pitch in July. I'd say it's good evidence that Deron is Dallas' FA to lose -- if they offer him a max deal, he's going.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

DWill is probably Dallas' to lose until Dwight gets traded. If Dwight gets traded to the Rockets, then I'm pretty sure DWill is Houston's to lose.

9. Red&BlackPudman

I won't believe the Rockets to be any other team until something happens. Just like Magic said, whenever I say something is going to happen, nothing does. Expect the worst is my new strategy. Let's see if it works.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe. If Howard is traded on draft night, which is possible. If he's not, then he probably wouldn't be traded until late in the offseason or at the deadline. Williams, on the other hand, will probably have to pick a team during the moratorium. He can't afford to wait.

And, even if he does follow Howard, I don't see how the Rockets win on a draft night trade with #14, Lowry, and veterans.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Im reading into this correct, I believe all he is trying to say is that dont just assume he is going to Dallas. People in Dallas are already penciling him in on their roster next season from everything Im hearing.

DWill handles himself completely different than the other superstar prima donnas. I wouldn't assume anything with this guy. All reports are that he loves the Nets and they are probably very much his #1 option. They land the #1 and make one additional free agent signing and they are looking pretty damn good to DWill.

Its completely feasible that Deron is waiting till July to make his decision for good reasons. All these teams could look completely different after the fact.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers? :p

Not so fast on Dallas? Dallas fading?

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

We are going to help facilitate Deron to the Lakers by taking on Gasoft. Just like the CP3 trade.