1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deron Williams only interested in Mavs, Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2012.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nets won't do a SnT for Pau (I don't blame them) and the Lakers won't give up Bynum for D-Will. If the Lakers had cap room they would definitely be in the picture.

2. gambingo

gambingo Member

At this point, i wouldn't mind gutting our team to get a rental on a bona fide all star player. If that doesn't attract decent FAs to sign with our team, and our rental all star leave, we can rebuild with lotto picks instead of 14th or so picks every year.

1 person likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If the rockets get Dwight, Deron would most likely add Houston to that list. Deron would be the actual superstar for the franchise. If Dwight bolts, we would at least have Deron signed on the FA contract. Although, I think if Deron and Howard are on the same team this season, they will retire with that team.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sam Amick: With free agency just days away, a quick look at Deron Williams' situation: As I reported last month, the Nets point guard is believed to be interested in joining the Lakers (it would have to be via sign-and-trade). But with Brooklyn reportedly uninterested in Pau Gasol and the Lakers sounding unwilling to part ways with Andrew Bynum, I'm not sure what form that deal could take. Otherwise, it's no wonder he's having a tough time deciding between the Nets and his hometown Mavs: He's known to love living in NYC with his family, but Brooklyn has such a long ways to go to be a playoff team - let alone a title contender - unless they get Dwight Howard. The Mavs, meanwhile can offer a chance to contend that may have a limited shelf life since Dirk Nowitzki is 34. If we're strictly talking basketball here (which isn't the case nearly often enough), it's a no-brainer that - in the absence of a Howard deal with Orlando - Dallas should be his destination. Should be an interesting couple of weeks

5. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Look at all of you guys that think we have even the best package to get Dwight.

This forum makes me laugh.

We have nobody the Magic would even want.
    Parsons?.....SO INCREDIBLY overrated on this board
    Lowry? .....They honestly have their own lowry in Jameer Nelson
    Scola....they have a cheaper Big baby

Can't wait for the draft so nothing happens and you guys dreaming about Dwight can join the tanking side

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're basically saying that you can't wait for the Rockets to do nothing on draft night. What an awesome fan you are.

7. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Again, I am seriously tired of people saying I am not a fan for not cheering my team when they make bonehead moves. This isn't my son we are talking about who may suck at a sport and you cheer them on.

WE PAY for their salaries. Literally. If I don't agree with something they are doing I will not blindly cheer for them. I will express my concern.

That does not make me a bandwagoner. I just want to see my team win and I can't see the direction this team is making.

1 person likes this.
  8. Classic

Classic Member

I think they're underestimating the appeal of one thing Houston can offer:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Old news is old.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Houston can jack Pau Gasol off of a 3 way with the Lakers and Nets.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Something about jacking Pau Gasol off and involving him in a 3 way. What? Ha

I don't know if Houston has anything to offer NJ that they'd be interested in.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Gotcha! Sig'd.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Pathetic fans like these even exist.

You do know Orlando Magic was 100% going to send Dwight here before he opted in right smart guy?

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Show me the legit proof that you have that he was being sent here. Do not show me an article saying Rockets were in talks or Rockets were in final discussions.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Portland will be in play. L.A. is actively talking to him like everyday through his rehab. He's selling him on the idea I've expressed. This is 1st hand knowledge. Ultimately,its gonna be the best decision for williams and I understand his points. Think about that. He can see the superstar and an owner who can reload quickly with quality players. Someone said owners don't matter. Someone said that extra yr is the hook. Both are wrong,but I may be wrong in the end to which is okay by me.

16. rocketsmetalspd

According to Stephen.AS on the ESPN raido show, he was told by DH that he really wants to be traded to the Nets. I believe that Howard gets his wish on draft night and that will get DW to resign with the Nets. Can't wait till Thursday to find out if this happens and what the Rockets will end up doing that night.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Give me just ONE good reason why Hennigan grants Dwight his wish and trades him to the Nets.

18. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

It's a smokescreen guys ... wait and see! :grin:

19. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

At least if he goes to the Mavericks and they remain in contention, we can hold on to their first rounder and perhaps cash in big time years down the line. Maybe if he goes to Dallas, Dwight will see Houston as a more attractive option than Brooklyn. Either way, he'd be the number one guy on either team, but with Houston, he'd be closer to contention because of a front office that is well positioned to build around him. If he went to Brooklyn, it would be many years before they could build a contender around him.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm trying figure out how they could get in the 14m dollar range. Hopefully bima and ch can help me with this.

Dallas has 54m committed to salaries. The cap is what 55m or 57m. Either way,they will have either less than 1m or 3m of cap room. If they amnesty haywood,odom,or marion. All 3 make 8.2-8.3m apiece. If they amnesty either,they will have either 8m or 11m of cap room. They could create another 3m and depth if the can break up the other 2 non amnesty players into smaller contracts and the 25% rule. So if the can take back 6.6m for each of the other 2,that would get them to 14m and offer williams a contract. Its a lot of manuvering,but I guess it could be done.