1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Fisher to meet with Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

@espn: Source: Free agent Derek Fisher to meet with Miami Heat - http://es.pn/9rNNA2

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angel...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5368125

Lakers free agent point guard Derek Fisher has a meeting scheduled with Miami Heat president Pat Riley tommorrow according to a source close to the situation.

Fisher's preference remains to re-sign with the Lakers, but he feels the need to explore his options and listen to Riley's pitch after the Heat landed free agents LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Mike Miller this week.

According to a source, negotiations between Fisher and the Lakers have remained positive and the team has put an offer on the table that was stronger than what's been previously reported (one year, $2.5 million). Fisher returned from a trip to China on Wednesday, but he's had several conversations with both Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Riley.

The Chicago Bulls and New Jersey Nets have also expressed an interest in the five-time NBA champion.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

omg Fisher is defecting :eek: :grin:

3. goodbug

goodbug Member

Lakers only want to offer 2.5M, but Heat can only offer minimum. Fisher, the president should come up with a better smokescreen.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He knows a Championship when he smells one.

5. rockets934life

fox6sports So now reports are surfacing that Shaq & Derek Fisher are interested in joining #Heat... gee, wonder why ?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

"The Decision, pt. II - Derek Fisher"

ESPN2 after WNBA ball.

:/

2 people like this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Member

And so it begins. Is D.J. Mgenga available?

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Fisher would be a perfect fit. He could start and provide spacing for Wade and LeBron. That would allow them to bring Chalmers and Miller off the bench.

I wonder how in the world they are working their cap space. Curious to see what the big 3 got.

9. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

derek fisher needs to go away and lock himself in a closet somewhere

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Man I hope he does not join this team. I want to root for the Heat this year and it would be impossible if he is on the squad.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait, if DFish leaves the lakers who will hold Kobe when the Lakers lose game 7 to the Rockets? WHO?!?!?!?

12. francis 4 prez

lebron trying to coattail off another champion i see. if fisher signs with the heat, who will step up for the lakers in the 4th quarter of finals games this year?

13. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Shaq wants to join because he wants to beat Kobe. Fisher wants to join because he wants to prove to the Lakers that he was a reason they won and that they're undervaluing him.

14. The Cat

The Cat Member

They wouldn't need anyone to... Blake could just blow by Fisher to the basket for a layup. :p

15. RV6

RV6 Member

i told ya vets would come flying in if these 3 got together....so again, it wouldnt surprise me if they scrapped together a solid roster, even with limited money...still waiting for AI to chime in..

16. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I originally was kind of upset that all these players, like miller, shaq and now fish are looking to join the Heat, but now i really don't care and here is why.
    I will root against them no matter who it is, and if the Rockets beat them in the finals, oh how sweet it is!! it only makes it so much sweeter. And i can't wait to see their faces and reaction when they do not win the Ring this upcoming year, and if its not my rockets and the lakers are in the finals, i will for once root for the lakers and kobe.

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Fisher?

They need a young, flashy pg.....The Heat is gonna beat teams by running. gunning, and dunking non-stop....

Fisher will just slow them down....

Lebron should play PG.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

greatest matchup ever
    best PG in the NBA going at each other
    :rolleyes:

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this. they would make use of a cheap AB version of 3 point shooting scoring guard in a PG's body that is lightning fast

20. RV6

RV6 Member

Not really..fisher won't be finishing the break. These guys dont need to be handed the ball 2 feet from the rim. All fisher has to do is look to rebound defensively, which he can, and/or then push the ball ASAP for a few dribbles, then pass ahead to lebron or wade on the break and let them do their thing.