1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Fisher MIA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Qball, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Derek Fisher not with Rockets
    Updated: March 17, 2012, 3:38 PM ET
    By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

LOS ANGELES -- Derek Fisher, who was traded to the Houston Rockets from the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, was not with the Rockets Saturday for their game against the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center.

"I haven't seen Derek yet," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. "I have not talked to him."

"Not with team" was written next to Fisher's name on the Rockets' roster signed by McHale, who did not know what the team's plans were for Fisher.

"That's not in my job description," McHale said. "He's not here. If he was here he'd play. He's not here. I haven't seen him yet."

Fisher had been the NBA's active leader for the longest regular-season consecutive games streak, having played in 537 consecutive games heading into Saturday. He had not missed a game since the 2004-05 season, when he was with the Golden State Warriors.

The 16-year veteran, who turned 37 in August, was traded Thursday to the Rockets along with the first-round pick acquired from Dallas in the Lamar Odom trade for center Jordan Hill.

==========

Uhhh what? :confused:

2. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

He is a fake. Suppose to be leader of the players association. Be a professional and show up.

3. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

We're buying him out, or at least trying to.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I never liked him.

5. lean

lean Member

Yeah that's what I thought was happening. Anyway I'm glad to read this honestly, I hope he never suits up for us.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never was in the plans. Or at least that's how the Rockets org. is acting ; )

'Uhh, Derek Fisher? Derek Fisher? Who is Derek Fisher? We traded for Derek Fisher? I thought we just traded Jordan Hill for the draft pick? Derek Fisher? Never heard of him.'

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Before he gets bought out, he better get his ass down to the stadium and suit up.

Fisher must have forgotten that he still has a basketball contract. I hope Morey rapes Fisher via some contractual clause.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's one thing for the rockets to tell him not to be in a hurry to show, since they'll try to get a buyout done, and it's another for him to not report on his own....up until now, i'm still not sure which one is happening.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Who's Fisher, he sounds like a dirty fish

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

#10 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    4 people like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Can't we suspend him without pay if he doesn't show up, unexcused?

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I wouldn't pay that SOB a single cent until he showed his face and took the boos coming to him at Toyota Center.

14. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

He hadn't missed a game since his Warrior days. On top of that, he's the president of the player's association. I'm surprised he pulled this stunt.

But we may be jumping to conclusions. I hope he's not out due to family or medical reasons. That would suck :(

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Watching the game today, the Rockets could really use Fisher for the next few weeks. I would gladly ignore my intense hatred for Fisher if he could give Goran some relief and get us into the playoffs.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Doesn't this reward a fine of some kind??

17. Victorious

Victorious Member

Well he hasn't missed a game since 2004. Just give him a vacation already.

18. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

class act, not

19. monster

monster Member

I hope Scola corners him in the locker room and gives him a smack...then tosses him into the parking lot.

20. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

class my ass