1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Anderson and Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by watashi315, Oct 27, 2005.

1. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Has anyone noticed this, but after watching the last few preseason games it appears that DA is absolutely smitten with Yao. When we acquired T-Mac, there were talks that they're going to be the next Kobe and Shaq. But if the last few games were of any indication, DA and Yao might be better suited for that title.

T-Mac is a scorer and he's going to find every way he can to get the ball into the basket. DA is more of a pure shooter with a pass first mentality. When he's on the court, he always looking to get the ball to our big man. It also helps that Yao actually converts on 80% of those passes from DA. Which in the end, makes him look good and increases his assists.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Which game are you watching? Sure he occasionally dishes off but the next kobe and shaq?

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. DA's a good player, but he isn't close to the level of any of those guys (Kobe, Shaq, T-mac or Yao). I mean, it's nice to have another guy that can get Yao the ball, but that doesn't suddenly turn Yao and DA into any sort of tag-team.

4. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Okay..well they might not be EXACTLY the next Kobe and Shaq, but what I was basically trying to say is that there is quite some chemistry developing between DA and Yao if the last few games were of any indication.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You could have picked better pairs. Are you talking about the chemistry that drove Shaq out of LA? :eek:

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

man they looked decent in a couple of games, but cmon man Kobe and Shaq? :p

7. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

DFisher and Shaq maybe...

Kobe never consistantly fed Shaq the ball without trying to score first. "Kobe and Shaq" means a dominant big guy play with a dominant wing guy, not necessarily a play maker feeding a post player.

"Stockton-to-Malone", on the other hand, should be the model that describes Anderson and Yao.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

OK, guys, be gentle to posters with less posts (maybe less garbage as well:)). But, next Kobe-Shaq? Come on!:D

9. DeAleck

By the way, Anderson had 1 assist yesterday :rolleyes: Did that even come from feeding Yao in the post?

10. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Ok, I get everyone's point, DA and Yao is not the next Shaq and Kobe or Malone and Stockton. The reason I wrote Shaq and Kobe is because that's a term the press used to refer to "potential" of T-Mac and Yao when T-Mac came to H-town, and now I'm simply borrowing it for reference on DA and Yao.

All I was trying to say is that just from judging from the last few games, I found that DA and Yao has forged a special chemistry (trust) between the two. It is very likely that DA will be giving a lot of sweet butter passes to Yao as the season progress. Who knows, I could be wrong, but that's all I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

11. daRox

daRox Member

D.A. played well, Yao played well...but come on...Kobe and Shaq?

There's a post for you in Hang Out, Dealeck it's "Pho"

12. DeAleck

Your reply doesn't make any sense to what I wrote. What #@$% are you talking about? Would you reply to the starter of the thread with that comment? :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

the two lines of his post are un-related. i don't know what the first line means, but the second line refers to the fact that he started a thread that had a funny flash cartoon about vietnamnese Pho in the Hangout section of the board. Which you should look at if you haven't seen already because it's pretty funny.

14. DeAleck

OK, I got it. Thanks for the flash, I am watching it now.

I still didn't get your first line. I didn't suggest the Kobe-n-Shaq thing... OK, forget about it...

15. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I agree, I don't think they hate each other like Kobe and ShaQ. :D

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yep. It was a beautiful pass off of a pick and roll. Yao rolled to the bucket and DAnd hit him in stride for a dunk.

17. DeAleck

Speaking of Kobe-n-Shaq, has any of you visited the Lakers fan boards? There are some of the most shallow lowlife fans there. They worship Kobe as a god, and bury everything that are criticizing Kobe/praising Shaq and the Heat/praising DWade. In fact, to them, everyone is an idiot if he/she doesn't praise Kobe publicly.

I remember last summer, they wanted to lynch PJ. Now, PJ is back with them for the money and he again became the best coach in the history of professionaly sports.

It's freaking hilarious.

18. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Have I just seen DA being compared to Kobe and Stockton in this thread? Or have I read it wrong? :confused:

19. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I like DA so much that I am gonna compare DA-Yao tandem to the great Russell-Jones (Sam Jones and K. C. Jones) tandem that won Celtics multiple titles in the 60s. I don't think that I am that off. ;)

20. DeAleck

Instead of going as far as Kobe and Shaq, let's try Eisley and Ostertag!