1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver Parts Ways with George Karl

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TriCkz, Jun 6, 2013.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It seems like a smart move to me.
    As rockets fans we know the pain of being stuck.
    You need to be either getting better or getting worse (strategically to get better later) - the nuggets were as stagnant as can be.

It doesnt matter if Karl is a great coach or not or underachieving or overachieving or whatever relative to the roster.

The rockets let to of JVG and Adelman for similar reasons much quicker. Sometimes it's just time to move on

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

REEKO_HTOWN has a really unhealthy obsession with Adelman. He's constantly bringing up how “overrated” he is; well Pop actually thinks he’s the most underrated coach of this era and I think Pop is a bit more credible on the topic of coaching than REEKO_HTOWN is lol.

1 person likes this.
  3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You've got to win championships.

The roster you handle has no bearing on the expectations.

OVERRATED.

/s

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

At dailythunder, they had been calling them them FRED throughout the year (First Round Exit Denver)

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah winners don't tend to **** on losers in public. Remember, Pop praises every team he beats in the playoffs.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Will he follow Ujiri and go to Toronto?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source w/ knowledge confirms Karl will not be a candidate for Raptors job this summer. Dwane Casey has one year left on his deal.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/342675853081202688">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Whether the Toronto coaching job opens this summer -- or next -- rule out George Karl as a candidate for Masai Ujiri, league sources tell Y!</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/342683608819060736">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Possibly. I see it more the usual "typical CF'ers" denigration thing that many people do whenever there's noticeable consensus support of something. I don't get into it much because that is too easy a target. But bursting bubbles and voice-of-reason easy b**** slappings I guess can be fun. Whatever I'll mind my own business

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

It is like you stuck with your wife for too long that the more you look at her, the more average she looks, although she in reality is still quite attractive.

I can understand.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

If that doesn't say enough to you guys I don't know what will.

11. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

It says to me the Raptors franchise don't know what they're doing. Which SURPRISE SURPRISE was the case for their last decade of management.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pics of your unnatractive wife since you insist.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't either, to be honest, but the digs directed at him here are a bit strange, in my humble opinion. You look around the league at so many franchises that suck year after year, just dreaming about the playoffs. Most of them would kill for Karl's record over the last 9 seasons. And something else for people to remember... who gets the players? It ain't the coach.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

George Karl would be a great fit in Denver -- it will be interesting to see if they give him a call.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

The executive of the year that left Denver disagrees.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

With teams like the Clipp's and Grizzlies interested I don't think George gives a **** what the Craptors think.

He probably shut the door on them.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

You're even more dense than I thought if you don’t see the difference between “not *****ing on someone in public” and going out of your way to say that out of all your contemporaries Adelman is the one that deserves more credit than he’s given. He feels the exact opposite that you do about Adelman being an overrated coach, but go ahead and keep thinking you know more about coaching than Pops.

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

team morales gotta be low..

losing the EOY and COY in one week?

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Stupid move!! He got that team to overachieve almost every year!

I don't expect them to be nearly as good now...

20. prs325

prs325 Member

It would be interesting if he goes to Memphis.