1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver Parts Ways with George Karl

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TriCkz, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thanks Obama!

1 person likes this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Member

That old saying..."Follow the Money" certainly applies hear!
    Good luck in finding a coach as good as Karl.....:grin:

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

So let me get this straight.....they let Ujiri walk over money, and now they let Karl walk over money, yet they're still expecting to be able to attract an elite coach?? Talk about actions not lining up with words. I'd expect the Nuggets to inquire about JVG, SVG, and McMillan. They all seem to be the type of coaches that Denver typically likes.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Also, the Clippers will probably be falling all over themselves with this news, as long as Chris Paul is agreeable to it.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

What a bone head move by Denver. He'll have a new job asap if he wishes to continue to coach.

6. pnr

pnr Member

They're targeting Hollins and Shaw. Shaw will be a head coach next season

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Another overrated coach out like Adelman.

8. hamletjin

hamletjin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Denver plans to reach out for permission to speak to Brian Shaw and Lionel Hollins soon, league source tells Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/342665736524804097">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Elite coaches they are thinking right now....

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

one of my favorite coaches, i'd love to have karl coach our rockets.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

one of my least favorite coaches, and if I was owner I would have kicked him out too.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Think Brooklyn will scoop him up? he is a big-name.

12. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

From Denver's perspective, their GM and Coach has gave them the same results year after year after year after year. So its not really a dumb move if the franchise wants to advance forward.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Denver believes it can attract an elite coach with its roster; simply didn't want to deal with an unhappy Karl in final year of contract.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/342661650190565376">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fortunately for Denver, elite coach George Karl just became available on the market.

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Or maybe Memphis will sign him if Hollins does leave?

15. HamJam

HamJam Member

Well, from what we are hearing, Karl may have to coach in black face if he wants the Clippers job.

Seriously though, I am very happy to see Hollins and Karl leaving the Grizz and Nuggets. Those are two solid teams where the coach had a system perfectly integrated to fit the talent of the players on the roster, and two teams the Rockets, even with Howard, would be jockeying for position with come playoff time next season. Seeing the brains of those two teams walking away means the competition just took a self imposed hit, while we will have more continuity than we have had in years.

I just hope Karl does not go to the Clippers -- he would be great there. He'd have them playing defense and get Griffin back on track. Hopefully he goes to Jersey or somewhere in the east. Each time I see him on the sideline I have mid 90's Sonics flashbacks.

Hollins I fear less. Solid coach, but he won't be as fearsome separated from the Memphis team, which matched his personality and playing style perfectly.

16. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

What the hell are they thinking? They want an elite coach, but they just fired an elite coach. Stupidity.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So elite he's gone past the first round of the playoffs once in 9 years.

Edit: 10 years.

#37 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Erik Spoelstra was shocked by George Karl's firing and says coaches have "Unrealistic Expectations" on them. "It's tough to see," Spo said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/342668733573128193">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Oh God, the Clips will sign him in an instant. They'll be the rebirth of the 90s Sonics! :eek:

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

It's quite funny.

Don't want a coach to be unhappy with his contract status? Try getting an extension done.

Want an elite coach? Don't get rid of the one you have.