1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver, 5th seed possibly?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YugoRocketsFan, Mar 30, 2008.

1. YugoRocketsFan

They have back to back Suns (they always do good agaist them)

Then have teams like Clippers, Sonics, Sacramento, us and then Jazz.

I really hope they do good and win the division and hopefully play us, what are the chances of this?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They would be the 4th seed and I hope we play them. If Utah slips and slides enough, they could miss the playoffs. I know it's doubtful but this is a weird year.

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Well if Utah keeps blowing road games to non-playoff contenders it's a real possibility, however the Rockets would need to get 5th seed, atm they're sixth. :(

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

The Nuggets are only 2.5 games back, 2 in the loss column.

The Nuggets and Jazz play April 12 in Utah for the Tie Break. If Denver stays hot, they could overtake the Jazz. The Nuggets have a tough schedule left, but the Jazz close with 6 tough games in a row. I think it'll come down to the last week.

I'd love to see the Rockets at #5 draw the Nuggets at #4. We would probably have home court, and I think it's a great matchup for us.

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

We will be 4, 7 or 8. Looking over the Nugs schedule, we have 9 games left and I think we go 5-4 or 6-3. The thing that scares me is the fact that some of our "easy" games fall on back-to-backs. This Saturday, we have Sacramento at home then are @ Seattle on Sunday. This team BLOWS on back-to-backs. I chalk up the second game as a loss every time when the schedule comes out. We finish at home against Memphis and we also have the Clippers at home. If we win all four of those like we should, that just means we have to win two out of the other five games (@Pho, vsPho, @GS, @Utah, vsHou).

I think we finish 8th, and I hope NO finishes 1st. Doubt we can beat them, but I like them and don't mind losing to them. We get SA again and I'm just going to kill myself to save time.

6. Asian Sensation

I think you guys can upset NO. I just hope you guys make it and somehow GS gets bounced cause they will be dangerous for whoever. I really think Dallas will be the team to miss out though.

7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

If I were NO I'd want to draw GS vs Denver or Dallas (with Dirk back). As long as you don't play stupid (get good PG play, play half court & deliberate) a very good team should dispose of GS in a 7 game series. Dallas or Denver on can also get hot offensively, yet are not quite so indept on the boards and defensively as GS is.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I just hope we can make the playoffs............We are playing so small a midgit squad could match up well on us............

But i will never lose faith............Go Rockets.........

9. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

In addition to playing small, I think our team looks really beat and tired out there. While it is really a fun and exciting playoff race in the West this year, it sucks that we can't rest our players down the stretch for the playoffs. With the intensity and focus that our team has put on the defensive end combined with the whole hoopla over the winning streak, our team has looking tired since the Dallas game. :(

We are banged up with Mac and Landry, we don't have Yao, and we are still playing two rookies and a late season addition on top of installing a new system and we still are within 2 games or so of the #1 spot. Let's Go Rockets!!!!

Can't wait until April 6 when they are in LA against the Clippers!

10. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

It's very unlikely Denver overtakes the Jazz. Right now they are 3 games behind Utah, which doesn't seem like much until you realize Utah has only 3 games remaining on the road. They still own the best home record in the league and it seems highly unlikely Denver can overtake them. The Nuggets would probably have to lose no more than 1 and maybe 2 games the rest of the season (with neither loss coming to Utah) and then they'd have to hope Utah goes 0-3 on the road (which is possible). If the Jazz do that and then lose to the Nuggets in Salt Lake and Denver only loses once more the rest of the season, they'll win the division by 1 game. Or in other words, it's really not looking good for the Nuggets.