1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denny's choking/strangulation case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know, if I'm at Denny's at 2 o'clock in the morning and I see someone pissing in the parking lot.....I'm probably going to just shake my head and move on with my life.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did call the cops....that's why he was restraining the guy till they got there. It's always nice though when a family attempts to profit off of the death of one of their own when their death occurs when they were doing something wrong. It's pretty clear that's what they are doing here. If they are successful, it'll be one hell of a coup for them given that if not for the accidental death, their family member would now be registering as a sex offender and they'd be saddled with his legal bills....instead they get to potentially turn a profit.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oh yes, attacking the victim's family. That's when the most loathsome poster in the nearly 19 years I've been posting here is at his ****ing worst.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's fun how, even with him on ignore, I know you're talking about Bobby.

cheke64 and justtxyank like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, He looks like the type that wears a TAP OUT shirt everyday.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Who is this "he" who called the cops? Assuming you mean Thompson, do you have a link? According to one of the witnesses (a waitress at Denny's) they called the police when Thompson would not let Hernandez go after the waitress and manager pled with him to do so. The story also referenced 6 or 7 other people calling 911.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When I say "he" called the cops, I mean his wife called for backup because she was off duty. Her husband was keeping the guy restrained until those cops arrived so that they could arrest him for public urination, indecent exposure, and assault. I can't imagine that you've read any story that didn't say that.....and if you did, then you probably need to reconsider reading your news from that source ever again because it's a pretty huge exclusion.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...death-of-John-Hernandez-What-you-11209859.php
    Also, since apparently I need to do the legwork for everyone on this, I might as well post the quotes where the wife of the deceased admits that her husband started the fight and it's confirmed by a quote from a Denny's employee accusing Hernandez of throwing the first punch.

Unsurprisingly, Thompson agrees that Hernandez started the fight by throwing the first punch

Also a fun bit that I've noticed everyone in the "it was murder" crowd has left out, one of the accused started CPR when they realized Hernandez wasn't breathing.....

You can find those here http://abc7chicago.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-deadly-dennys-fight/2087575/

Now that I've done everyone's homework for them, I hope I don't have to spell these things out for people anymore.

#87 Bobbythegreat, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. bobrek

So Thompson and Hernandez got into an altercation before the police were called. Your post that I responded to made it sound like "he" (your word that you typed which was in no story that I found) called police when he saw Hernandez urinating outside Denny's - which would have been the correct thing to do.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say that he called them when he saw the guy urinating. I said that "he" called the cops meaning that his wife called the cops and that's why he was restraining the drunk guy after he decided to attack. He couldn't exactly call the cops personally after Hernandez attacked. Given that in Texas you get charged with a sex crime and have to register as a sex offender for the crime of public urination and indecent exposure, the guy just said something to him instead of getting cops involved from the start hoping that would be enough to get him to put his dick away without having to make a case of it. Doing him a favor really. For that he was attacked and it led to Hernandez's accidental death. I don't think any of those facts are disputed.

10. bobrek

Right...you said "He". I searched for stories indicating "He". You then had the audacity to chastise me when I said I could not find any story saying "He" called the police.

Do you realize the ridiculousness of this sentence "I said that "he" called he cops meaning that his wife called the cops."

Yes...we all say "he" when meaning someone entirely different and expect people to know exactly what we are talking about and chastise any and all who ca't find any evidence that "he" made a phone call.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how you could have read anything on the story and not realized that his wife called for cops to come arrest Hernandez and that Thompson was attempting to restrain him until they arrived. Feel free to get bogged down in semantics in order to dodge that point if you like, but I don't really plan on playing along all that long. I just did the leg work for you so now you don't have an excuse for continued ignorance on the subject. In fact, no one does. Earlier I refused to do so hoping that would cause a few of you to look into it and come back with informed opinions and clearly that failed.

12. bobrek

You seriously don't know how someone can read "he" called the police and not realize his wife called the police? That's one of the more inane things I have ever read on this board which is saying a lot. Simple question, why did you type He instead of She? It's just one letter different.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That semantic difference does not in any way change things. You realize that right? Him personally calling the police and him having his wife call the police while he restrained the guy is effectively the same thing. It's pretty clear that the only reason you are trying to argue this small point is that you have absolutely nothing of substance in which to argue.

The party accused of murder called the police.

The party accused of murder is who attempted CPR on the drunk prick until an ambulance arrived.

The party accused of murder were the ones responding to the drunk ******* trying to attack them by attempting to restrain the jackass until police arrived to take him to jail.

Are you disputing any of this?

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not going to bother to much investment in one of Bobby's patented circular arguments but I just want to make sure as I don't actually know this...

Does the police report explcitly state that the drunk individual was the one instigating the physical confrontation or was it the defendant party that stated this?

15. bobrek

My argument is you chastised me for not finding a story THAT DOES NOT EXIST. HE never called the police. When I asked for a link showing HE called the police, you turned it into "by HE i meant SHE". The story that HE called the police does not exist yet you whined about having to find the story.

All you had to do was say "whoops, I meant his wife called them, sorry about that".

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So your only objective here is pedantry? Fair enough. Have fun with that.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is there an objective source that stated who instigated the fight? Or is it only the defendant's claim?

18. bobrek

Nope, my concern in this particular exchange is how anyone can chastise someone for not finding a story THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tragic situation. Bobby is actually right about grand juries - they usually send to trial with a low bar of evidence. That being said, he is wrong about this being a slam dunk case for the defense. And his family "turning a profit"? One of the most morally disgusting claims I've heard on my time here, which is saying a lot. A dude died because a macho wannabe MMA fighter decided to show off. It's tragic.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He died because he got piss drunk in public and decided to take his dick out and then attack someone when they called him on it. Right now if not for the tragic accident he'd be getting ready to file as a sex offender.....but yeah, go after the guy he attacked for attempting to restrain him till the police arrived. I absolutely don't support his family attempting to profit off of his misdeeds....even if they led to his death.

It never fails, any time a scumbag gets killed trying to attack someone we always get people flocking to their defense. It's pretty ridiculous.