1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dennis Green dies of heart attack

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Vikings and Cardinals coach Dennis Green died early this morning after suffering cardiac arrest, per friend Ray Anderson. He was 67.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/756506813420351488">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nook

Nook Member

Not always a great man outside the football field... but I always thought he was likable and a great talent evaluator.

Reminds me some of Jerry Glanville.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

R.i.p. Coach Green. Very good coach and loved that 98 team he led

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SWmQbk5h86w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

R.I.P Coach Green

T_Man

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

One of the great post game meltdowns of all-time.

RIP

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Great guy and great coach. Stanford and NW on his resume.

8. the shark

the shark Member

Just sad. RIP Denny!!!

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

RIP, I will miss him.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Loved Denny. He was such a firebrand
    He was energetic and great coach.

Rocket River

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RIP. I hated him at Stanford and frequently got annoyed by him as the Vikings' coach. There was no denying though he was a great coach and his players loved playing for him.

He also provided a ton of entertaining quotes. Everyone knows his "They are who we thought they were" one but my favorite is one about him talking about the weather in Buffalo where he talks about a "Calcutta Clipper blowing up and down" to predict the weather for the game.