1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants to be traded and complains about Kings offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 1, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He has been panning out. We don't have a problem with our offense here.

2. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

we're still trying to figure out how to replace Chuck's absence. :)

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

#143 J.R., Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If Cousins is not going to play, I believe that makes Chuck Hayes the starter, no? Cousins was their primary rebounder. I do not see anyone else on their roster who can fill that roll other that the Chuck Wagon.

http://www.nba.com/kings/roster/

5. cod

cod Member

Chuck was already a starter. He's their team captain.

6. arjun

arjun Member

Hassan whiteside... The guy everyone on this board wanted to draft :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

we no want mean player only nice players on our team plz

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Chuck is already starting... Hickson and Thompson are the two "replacements" without Cousins... but he was on the team plane heading to Memphis so he apparently made peace with the coach.

Honestly, I think the problem is in the leadership. How many players have to complain about Westphal before he's moved? Hopefully, things will calm down now... cause Cuz ain't getting traded.

9. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

Thabeet? :grin:

10. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

@WojYahooNBA
    Several teams called Kings on DeMarcus Cousins today, and all told same thing: Not available. No way Kings give up so fast. Too talented.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A ploy to drive away low ball offers. A ploy, I say! Or not.

12. SPF35

SPF35 Member

does anyone want this guys:
    Cousins is an immensely talented young player, which is why the University of Kentucky and the Kings have tolerated his behavior over the past two seasons. The fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft pushed through a rookie season full of spectacular promise on the floor tempered with volatile, immature behavior on and off the court. The Kings disciplined Cousins several times for behavioral issues, and Cousins had run-ins with Sacramento coaches, including Westphal, former assistants Truck Robinson and Mario Elie, and strength-and-conditioning coach Daniel Shapiro. Cousins was also was suspended after a locker-room altercation with teammate Donte Greene last season after Greene didn’t pass him the ball for a potential game-winning shot in a loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder. At the time, Greene called Cousins “spoiled,” one source said, a reference to the franchise’s coddling of its young center.

“He’s selfish,” one source close to the team said of Cousins. “He’s always angry or clowning. He needs to change. The Kings have been great about covering things up for him, and his agent has been protecting him.

“He’s always miserable. He acts like he’s entitled.”

Some players are disillusioned with the constant drain of Cousins’ tantrums, sulking and absence of professionalism. “He’s a bully, and they let him get away with it,” one source said. “No one wants to deal with the guy.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aho4cVgvqMvDo7H63BnmkJK8vLYF?slug=ys-demarcus_cousins_kings_010112

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I'd trade for him in NB2k, other than that no.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kevin Martin, who usually holds the ball for less than 4 seconds on a given play before handing it off, complained about not having enough time to take shots playing with Evans.

You gotta be one epic black hole for an off he ball scorer to complain about it.

15. Spankie

Spankie Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kings are a disorientated bunch..... this has to change..

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Watching this game and it's pretty obvious to see why he is frustrated. I don't think he has touched the ball in about 20 minutes.

18. what

what Member

If I were the kings I'd trade him. No player is irreplaceable.

You might think I'm crazy, but I'd trade cousins for tyler hansbrough in a second.

There is really not a lot of good young forwards in the league besides Blake and Love. Hansbrough isn't the most talented guy, but he plays hard and he is young. I might do a deal for say Ed Davis and Pat Patterson as well.

Cousins is a cancer.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yup. Just makes sense. Oh well.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

look at me saying three days ago the problem was leadership ;)

At least I'm not imagining things!