1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants to be traded and complains about Kings offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 1, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree. One "headcase" per team. Rockets already got that guy. Sorry Cousins. :)

Nah, Pat and Cousins were teammates at Kentucky. I'm sure they'd enjoy playing with each other again. [insert CarlHerrera joke here]

2. SPF35

SPF35 Member

not exactly what you mean by that, but in the end of the day the whole point of this board is for us fantatics to discuss hoops, rockets, and naturally we all have our opinions. I just don't like guys who show up out of shape(which he has been doing since college) show attitude and think they are bigger than the the team it self. That is just not the type of guy I root for. Its one thing if you are a jerk like kobe, but you work out, improve, and bring it everyday. I can live with that. But unproven kids and kids who feel entitled like cousins, cmon now. that said, hes got potential. He is a big with some skill. I want my rockets to get back into the thing of things. I remember the we believe moments and watching us take lakers to 7. Its a magical think to have clutch city going again and at this point we are staying in no mands alnd and we need to take some risks. If demarcus is on sale, maybe mchale(who worked with kevin love) can trust him, make him a goto guy since we dont have many options and we nedu p with a steal in the end of the day. I wish we stil ahd guys like battier to keep him in check, but i think mchale can do a good job of that too and hopefully this whole process is humbling for cousins who came into the draft satying he should be number one pick and now he has a team telling him to stay home rather then to come to a game with them
    In the end of the day, if this can work with the rockets. Lets go for it, I want some excitement for our team, iw oudl love to see a mix up.

As for sacramento. I dont think too highly of tyreke either. He is a hogger an, but he also stays in shape, doesnt show as much attittude, keeps it professional, and stays strong and attacks and doesnt cause as much issues with teammates although his selfish ways are noted. But clearly, if cousins was saksed to be sent home when they both complained, coususins is a special case problem.
    I do like jimmer over there and he is showing he can do something with the ball in his hands.

Its ridiculous to compare him to redick who even at his best in college was an off ball crafty scorer. He still is a great roll player in this league and is having his best year. If redick was on the bulls, it would be scary. Btu juimmer is more of a PG/sg as he has handles, he has a cross, he can shake and bake, he creates his own shots. With tyreke, he has to play off ball, but go look at his tapes, this guy with the ball in his hands can create both shots and passes and is fun to watch.

Im trying to decide me League pass 5 teams
    Minnesota, Clippers, Lakers are guaranteed. I am thinking between Chicago, Kings, orlando,adn who else for that last 5 teams? League pass is a rip off, btu dman the NBA has me hooked

3. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

I believe so. I know last year they did. Not sure if it's the same ramifications this year because I believe they were keeping the team in Sac town & killed the idea of moving to Anaheim. Don't quote me though. Either way we have all the neccessary peices to pull this move off. Picks, Young (underpaid talent) & some productive pieces that can help win now.

4. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Can't imagine how it feels to be a Kings fan right now.

5. what

what Member

No way would I trade pat patterson for cousins. i am very high on patterson, and i'm not even a rockets fan.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Id let Patterson go for Cousins.. without a second thought.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

You should be banned for suggesting this.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Pity that Hayes cannot be traded before March 1, 2012.

Could have done Martin, Hill, Budinger for Cousins, Garcia, Hayes...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TNT

We Know DRAMA

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is your team, man?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why would they want kmart back? they traded him because they wanted to make room for reke, and i don't think that has changed because of the additions of salmons jimmer and thorton...

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Hill + Dragic + Future 1st + (Budinger if necessary)

for

DeMarcus Cousins

If you acquire Cousins you need to keep Patterson. He was the guy that tamed him down at UK. You need him to "mentor" him and with a guy like Cousins having a familiar face around he can trust can go miles.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Sad for the Kings, both Cousins and Evans are immature players with huge egos, and everybody thought Hayes could have a positive influence on Cousins.
    It would be nice to have him in if we don't have to give up a lot, though we have tried with Twill, Wafer and probably others with mental / maturity issues and none of them panned out.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought World Peace was entertaining as a rental.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I used to like having world peace.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Artest was never much of a head case and not that much of an ego, just a guy who liked attention and acted like he was crazy.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was an entertainer

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120101/daily-dime

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

IMO, if anything, coach will go before the young star player. Jerry Sloan left for Williams (who bolted soon right after), and so will Westphal for Cousins.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

maybe cousins is not right but he will be a great player and things Westphal is trying to sell in Sac Town are not working