1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants a max contract or will demand a trade from the Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's Finest, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Pretty good trade proposal. If the rockets signed Dwight and this went down I wonder how a cousins Howard frontcourt would work out. Salmons is overpaid but a solid contributor off the bench.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Salmons only has one year remaining but I would bet the Kings would like to dump Thornton and his two remaining years more.

After perusing a kings board they would support a wait and see approach for a max deal but most seem receptive on trading him for a lotto pick or two.

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'll throw this random proposal out there that might work:
    Bosh plus some draft sweeteners for Cousins and contracts to make it balance.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think we have the right assets to get Cousins. If I was Sac, I wouldn't be interested in any kind of Asik/Lin deal with no top draft picks. I'd be looking at high lotto picks or some other high potential guy who needs a change of scenery. Asik and Lin may be steadier, but neither have any potential to be your franchise cornerstone. We could still perhaps end up with Cousins in a 3-way trade, but that's pretty unlikely too.

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I still don't think it's circumvention....

lol

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Cousins' silence could be interpreted as a sign he wants to be traded, but that is not the case. He does not want to be traded. Fans, however, would like to hear that from Cousins. D'Alessandro said he has a good relationship with Fegan. "A lot of this stuff gets somewhat blown out of proportion," D'Alessandro said. "This league is what it is, there's no surprises here. I can't wait to get my time to sit down with DeMarcus. I think face time is what it really is. You don't know someone until you look them in the eyes. I don't want to have a phone call. It'll happen, we'll get there and I will keep you updated." Sacramento Bee

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

You don't think Asik could be a potential defensive anchor for a championship team?

8. dragician

dragician Member

I see Cousins landing in Toronto.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Morey wanted to trade up and draft Cousins. If you were the Rockets and managed to somehow acquire Cousins on draft day, and he did nothing but what he did with Sac which is put up 18 and 11 while being 6'11" and 270, aged 22 yrs, would you be looking to trade him? If you think Morey would ever trade this guy you are a grade A moron. This simple logic tells me we have no chance at this guy, and if he falls into our lap we should jump on it.