1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants a max contract or will demand a trade from the Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's Finest, Jun 20, 2013.

1. basketballholic

So, think about this for a minute.

What if...

Morey was talking to Fegan about Parsons and Fegan mentioned Cousins and asked Morey what he thought Cousins was worth in salary....and Morey simply tells Fegan that Cousins is worth the max and he should get the max from the Kings and Morey doesn't think there are 2 centers better than him in the entire NBA.

Now....can't be proven Morey did that because it is between Fegan and Morey.

Lemme ask another question....do you really think Fegan would demand a max extension for DeMarcus unless he KNEW that some team would gladly give DeMarcus a max extension?????

I can't see any way around this one.....blatent circumvention. Like I said, if Fegan and Cousins actually go through with this demand I expect the league office to hand out a very, very stiff suspension and/or fine. If the league office welches on this, they are the ultimate hypocrites.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are having a meltdown about circumvention. Good grief.

3. basketballholic

NO meltdown at all. THe meltdown is from posters like you that have no answer.

Tell me justtxyank....if Cousins through his agent demands a trade....should the league fine and/or suspend him????

If not, state why not.

Please tell me that that act does not constitute circumvention.

4. albuster

albuster Member

LOL! This is a cool post.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would it be circumvention? :confused:

He's just making a demand, it's not like the team is forced to honor it. If he spoke to another team and then tried to get himself traded that would be tampering.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He is fat also.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I wouldn't give him max money... but I wouldn't tell him that... I'd play it close to the vest, find the best deal I could get and ship his nutcase self off to Milwaukee or wherever....

8. Major

Major Member

It does not constitute circumvention. You quite clearly simply have no understanding of what circumvention is.

9. Htown's Finest

I hate to be Captain Obvious but I don't see the Kings agreeing to the max for Cousins so that means that you are going to have to listen to offers at the very least. But we all know that the Kings are not going to get 75ยข on the $1 for him. And when the Maloofs do sell the Kings will new ownership want to pay Cousins max dollars with the 2014 free agency approaching? I think the answer is no.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

He really isn't all that fat.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This is just sad

You are melting down, this is obvious. Quit dragging your issues into threads that have nothing to do with it. Keep your insanity in your own thread.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

relative to his peers.

13. what

what Member

I'd rather have Dcousins over Harden, so yeah, I'd give him Max Money, all day long. The guy just has too much talent to fail.

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

What?

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I would probably personally say that Cousins' ceiling is slightly higher than Hardens and post play/rebounding receives a premium in my mind as well so I understand where that poster is coming from but I would still take Harden.

16. basketballholic

Section 1. General Prohibition

Neither the Players Association, the NBA, nor any Team (or Team Affiliate) or player (or person or entity acting with authority or apparent authority on behalf of such player) shall enter into any agreement, including, without limitation, any Player Contract (including any Renegotiation, Extension, or amendment of a Player Contract), or undertake any action or transaction, including, without limitation, the assignment or termination of a Player Contract, which is, or which includes any term that is, designed to serve the purpose of defeating or circumventing the intention of the parties as reflected by all of the provisions of this Agreement.

(b) It shall constitute a violation of subsection (a) above for a Team (or Team Affiliate) to enter into an agreement or understanding with any sponsor or business partner or third party under which such sponsor, business partner or third party pays or agrees to pay compensation for basketball services (even if such compensation is ostensibly designated as being for non-basketball services) to a player under Contract to the Team. Such an agreement with a sponsor or business partner or third party may be inferred where: (i) such compensation from the sponsor or business partner or third party is substantially in excess of the fair market value of any services to be rendered by the player for such sponsor or business partner or third party; and (ii) the Compensation in the Player Contract between the player and the Team is substantially below the fair market value of such Contract.

Section 2. No Undisclosed Agreements.

(a) At no time shall there be any undisclosed agreement (i.e., undisclosed to the NBA) of any kind, express or implied, oral or written, or promises, undertakings, representations, commitments, inducements, assurances of intent, or understandings of any kind, between a player (or any person or entity acting with the authority or apparent authority on behalf of such player) and any Team (or Team Affiliate):
    (i) involving consideration of any kind to be paid, furnished, or made available to the player, or any person or entity controlled by or related to the player, by the Team or Team Affiliate either during the term of the Player Contract or thereafter; or
    (ii) concerning any future Renegotiation, Extension, or amendment of an existing Player Contract, or entry into a new Player Contract.

(b) In addition to the foregoing, it shall be a violation of this Section 2 for any Team (or Team Affiliate) or any player (or person or entity acting with authority or apparent authority on behalf of such player) to attempt to enter into or to intentionally solicit any agreement, promise, undertaking, representation, commitment, inducement, assurance of intent or understanding that would be prohibited by Section 2(a) above.

(c) A Violation of Section 2(a) may be proven by direct or circumstantial evidence, including, but not limited, evidence that a Player Contract or any term or provision thereof cannot rationally be explained in the absence of conduct violative of Section 2(a).

Read the bolded text, which is in sequence and logical....and then deny that DeMarcus Cousins and his agent demanding a 5-year max contract is not circumvention.

I understand more about circumvention than you are willing to give me credit for...since you say I have no understanding at all.

Are you an attorney?
    Have you read the CBA?
    Do you understand the CBA?
    To what degree?

Touche

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Anyone who wouldn't want this guy in Houston is just wrong. Maxwell and Artest were bigger headcases and still produced. Get this guy out of Sacramento and get him surrounded by positive guys and a good organization and watch him thrive.

1 person likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's going to get the max. No doubt about it. If not from the kings another team will give it to him.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

He's not some cut dude but I don't see any problems with his weight.

20. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

I never understood why teams, nevertheless, the owners, put up with such BS from players. With these kind of guys the league owners should get together and just say F you than go play in Europe A$$hole. Than maybe he will realize that he needs them more than they need him. Selfish prick!!