1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 19, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

What Pellies need is good balance between C and PF. Rather than Davis, someone like Ryno would be a better fit for that team. Davis for Ryno in 2018, book it lol

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Twin towers working in the 80's was during a much different NBA landscape .

I think boogie and Davis have the talent to do it . But they are going to have to play the style that worked for the rockets in the mid 80's namely uptempo and trying to s kid half court .

I've watched some film of those 85/86 teams we had . Incredible to watch ...

Shooting is nice , dunks are nicer .

Boogie should drop about 15 lbs . They should play aggressive d and get out on the break with those two horses running it . You aren't gonna be able to stop the finishing ability of those two bigs on the break .

Get some better guards , let boogie use his passing ability , let Davis use his generational athletic talent .

They would be a fun team to coach .

da_juice likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Davis has to play the SAMPSON roll
    mid Range and out game

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely , but of the two (cousins and Davis ) cousins is probably the better passer/ handler so he would have to take the Sampson role for that particular intance .

Either way I think it could work , but cousins would have to lose weight and get quicker .

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You want to backdoor harden?

Gross

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Lovemachine2000

To be fair, every opposing wing in the NBA has backdoor'ed Harden for an open layup under the basket, it's just the easiest way to score...

7. Daddy Long Legs

Boogie was benched in the 4th + OT and davis led em to a win last night.

3-6 since getting boogie and the 3 games they won didnt involve him much. He was suspended for one of em.

Ill bet JBB would call this squad a broken team lol

8. Daddy Long Legs

Maybe @Os Trigonum was right and dmo should start over boogie lol

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Boogie's team losing games doesn't change the fact that DMo sucks so bad he is glued to the bench. Think about it for a second; Gentry is coaching for his job and almost certainly has to get into the Playoffs to potentially save hos job. He'd play whomever could help him win games. DMo gets dnps. The only person who thinks he's good is DD and he is the worst judge of talent I've ever seen on these boards.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Im just playing around haha. I dont think Dmo is a difference maker

King1 likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

That team lack a good pg, and a nice shooting guard. They have no real slasher either at sf. The team needs to go into free agency and pick up some dudes to complement them dudes, and i bet next year they will be 5-6th seed. They also have really no bench to go to either... sorry.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nonsense....harden would have dragged that team to playoffs and i mean if you just straight replace both boogie and davis with harden

Pen15clubber and BigShasta like this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We all know that. Thats why Pelicans expectations are revised down. They have backcourt & wing issues outside of Holiday, and a coach issue too. Gentry's a good guy but never has CONSISTENT good teams. He'll squeeze one decent season from a team and just dud seasons after.

But then look how tough it is for Westbrook to get just a #7 seed with 3 players making big money, and they have a good coach. No guarantee just Harden, Holiday and a bunch of filler is a playoff team.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no guarantees in life but harden would drag 12 clutchfans members into playoffs even if he had to play with joomba and holic while being coached by ABS.... he would most definitely extract the best from dmo and asik, we have seen that already!

#574 hakeem94, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can he drag CF to a championship is the better question.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

At this rate Boogie will just walk away after this season is done. Are you guys on board with signing him in FA?

I sure am. Dude would eb perfect in our offense, playmaker, rebounder, 3 pt shooter and post scorer.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

BTW I'm sold on Sacramento trade now. Hield and WCS are a decent core for a young and exciting team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still sold on the trade for both teams even if it doesn't work out for Cousins in New Orleans. When you have the opportunity to get a player of that caliber, you take the gamble. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But, at least you tried.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well yeah in a vacuum I think the trade was decent for both but when you look at what others got for their good players it was a straight up robbery for Sacramento I mean 76ers parted with Noel for three 2nd round picks and Lakers gave up Lou Will and took a bad contract for a low 1st rounder. The biggest loser though IMHO was toronto as they traded a treasure trove for Ibaka in comparison to all the other trades that happened afterwards.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and remember when tyreke Gordon and anderson where on pels... they were trash and couldnt go anywhere...harden is underrated as hell as well as the rockets culture