1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins exposed in front of children

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By law, DeMarcus Cousins must now retire and forfeit his contract to this little boy: <a href="http://t.co/WyLl253DyW">http://t.co/WyLl253DyW</a> <a href="http://t.co/wspRSnLVkY">pic.twitter.com/wspRSnLVkY</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/612249501831708672">June 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When is the little boy draft eligible?

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Was that Isaiah Thomas?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn... Kevin Hart is good.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Disturbing and disgusting.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shaq would have murdered that kid.
    #DeBitchmadeCousins #Shaqtus

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like Cousins. Don't understand the hate. Big men who can score and pass like that are always welcome on my team.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^^ He's been injured quite a bit and has some attitude problems. He's another big salary big man when it's already a guard oriented league with helpful forwards.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I always loved Boogie. Too bad the Kings don't know how to build around him. Drafting Stauskas over Payton was so stupid especially when they already have McLemore.

Payton
    Mclemore
    Gay
    who cares
    Boogie

had the potential of being very good in 3 seasons. .

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Seriously right? "DeMarcus Cousin exposes himself in front of children"

11. heypartner

Viral Meningitis is not really an injury, it's a fluke illness that goes away completely. Other than that, Cousins had a few ankle sprains. No big deal.

AD has been injured as much as Cousins. Griffin had injuries this year. Durant, WB. Don't single out Cousins as if his injury was more severe.

I have never seen a 24/13/4 ast player who plays the game the right way get so much crap said about him. Dude is the #1 center in the league and 3rd best big man (AD, Griffin).

The attitude problem is only an issue for people who refuse to accept that Cousins no longer has detrimental attitude issues. So they won't let it die.

It is contradictory of people to say this is a guard-oriented league as if to say you can't win with centers, when everyone also says AD is the next best player in the league. Further, the Rockets surprised the league by getting to the Final Four with Dwight.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I say it's guard oriented league... and I also say AD is one of the top players. As is Cousins.

It's not contradictory... it's just fact.

There are some great bigs.. who you can win with...

BUT:
    - There are more great backcourt players (1-3) and way more really really good backcourt players
    - The rule changes over the last 20 years are in favor of backcourt players

Clearly, offseason moves 1,2 and 3 for the Pelicans should be about strengthening positions 1-3. When they were healthy, and their guards were all on, they were as good as anybody. Btu that rarely happens. It will still be an AD led team....

As for Cousins, I agree that the hate doesn't make sense. I love the dude's game. I still wish he'd get a better more selectively with his shots offensively... his game has the ability to still increase PPG AND efficiency, with just mental changes, but he'll get there, I think.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Disgusting. Kings need to clean their image up and let him loose. Houston should take pity on Cousins and work him into the rotation slowly, as to let him earn his PT. We'll be hated, sure. But it'll be the right thing to do with such FILTH

14. heypartner

Thanks for the post. Good read.

I guess I'm objecting to the term "guard-oriented" on my own definition of it. I don't call the no Illegal Defense era of the NBA to be "guard-oriented." I call it basketball the way it's meant to be played.

This era of no Illegal Defense favors defenses, which means it favors motion offense as well, if not more than guard-oriented play. So, I call it the era of real basketball. Also, except for Wade's title which really was Nowitzk's if not for the choke job), every single title of this era was won with an NBA Allstar big on the team, if not HOFer.

Besides it's just weak drafting for bigs, and ppl making Curry a definition of the era when he's unique, what I think is going on is defense has taken over, and you must have shooters. You must be able to win more than the next guy at making defenses move. Defense has taken over, and the best bigs in the league rule at the net stats affect for their position vs opponent player.

HOFer Bigs in this era are not forgotten.