1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dell Venue 8 7000 Tablet user experience?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zboy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have a $100 Dell promotional gift card which I received from the PS4 deal and it is about to expire soon.

I am thinking of using it on the Dell Venue 8 7840 tablet.

My out of pocket cost after the sale + 10% off coupon + 10% Discover cashback + $100 Dell gift card is coming out to about $200.

Has anyone here used this tablet? I dont have too much tablet experience.

Keeping this out of pocket cost in mind, is it a good buy? Or should I look at other tablets and use the $100 gift card on something else?

It seems like a good buy for the out of pocket cost but I am afraid that Dell might have inflated its $400 price to begin with? Maybe there are better alternatives?

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Here's a good review. Take a look.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KG9E5LaI8bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

played with one at work. Really liked it.

4. hlcc

hlcc Member

I have one. It's a very slick device, it feels very premium in your hands. The bezel is very small, the OLED is screen is gorgeous, the camera is pretty gimmicky though.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I used that gift card to buy a controller and a few PSN 3 month subscriptions from Dell.com