1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Deliver Us From Evil"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Sep 14, 2012.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

source maybe? :confused:

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Did you mean to say "were once abused..."? That would make sense and be a real possibility. Weren't a good number of sexual offenders once abused themselves as children?

Tragic really. :(

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, Benedikt is stepping down today. Not sure yet why.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He reads Clutchfans, of course.

1 person likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think he is gwayneco actually. Very angry recently, even sniping at the mods.

gwayneco seemed to share the Pope's beliefs for the most part.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Stay classy Catholic Church...

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Just wow. That is wrong on so many levels that it's really astonishing. Just when you feel jaded and think that there's nothing new under the sun, some blurb like this comes along. I wish I could say, "nice find," but it really isn't nice. In a way, it's stealing from the dead and their bereaved families in order to cover up the kind of crime that defines sick and twisted. My significant other's uncle is a Catholic priest, one who is as retired as they ever get. He lives on the grounds of Villanova and is very old. I don't know how much longer he'll be around, but I do know that the next time I see him, I won't be bringing this up. Ten years ago, I would have asked him about it, but he's a sweet man, a gentle soul, and although I'm sure he's heard of this, he doesn't need to hear more about it from me.

The Catholic Church is sick and needs some serious reform. I won't hold my breath. If I didn't know people like my S.O.'s uncle, I would say it is hopeless.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that it is giving all of Catholicism a bad name. There are some really admirable people featured in both "Deliver Us From Evil" and "Mea Maxima Culpa" who want change desperately, but can't because of the higher ups.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I was raised very Catholic and went to all Catholic schools. Virtually every priest I knew who I liked dropped out to get married.

Until the church enters the modern world wrt to sex, which must start with the anachronism of purported celibacy it will continue to counteract much of the good it does. It will continue to be allied for instance with right wingers who oppose its social doctrines and will have more than its share of sexual perversion within its ranks.