1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Delfino: "In Houston, I'm having fun again"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by merrrlo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I really hope we can keep for the next season, but at what cost?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. Please bring him back next season, Morey.

3. Habs

Habs Member

Delfino is a decent ball handler. He's not great by any means, but for a small-forward he's solid. No one should expect him to be on a Paul Pierce, LeBron, Hedo (Orlando) point-forward level where he's bringing the ballup and running offense. But, he's definitely solid.

On the fast break, I'm much more comfortable if the ball is in his hands and he's running the break, than with Parsons. By comparison, Parsons ends up charging into defenders (way, way too frequently for him to be ever running the break at all) and is a pretty clumsy dribbler compared to Delfino, who has smoother handles.

If Kevin Martin was more durable, he'd be Rip Hamilton with a better 3-point shot, but worse defense. Basically, if Martin was tougher and could get a few 82 game seasons together, like Hamilton he'd be a 2nd tier star guard. He'd probably make an All-star game or 2 throughout his career.

His lack of durability is a serious concern though. Luckily for OKC he's in a contract year, might be more inclined to play through injury. Or they'd be looking at another 50 game season from him.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Many don't realize that one of McHale's strengths is his ability to instill confidence in the team.

I didn't want him as the coach, but that's one thing that has impressed me since his arrival.

The majority of players not named LeBron, Kobe or Durant NEED confidence to excel and play their best. Coaches have the "power" and ability to instill it or take it away.

That's one thing McHale actually does very well.

5. Cynops

Cynops Member

He's a fun player to have as well, one of my favorites on the team.

6. bgrice

bgrice Member

WHAT?

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You must either be trolling or in a ****ty mood lately because I doubt you like anyone or anything about this team. You hate on Delfino, a guy who is incredibly likeable. You hate on the coaching staff with about every post I see of yours.

What is your pedigree to be such an ass hole all the time?

1 person likes this.
  8. SunsRocketsfan

well of course he cant say his teammate is a ball hog.. any RATIONAL person knows that and won't ever say that..

Kobe is one of the biggest ball hogs.. do you ever hear anyone call him that? outside of Shaq that is ;)

BTW .. love harden's play and i dont think he's a ball hog but i do wish we had more ball movement.. sometimes he does too much one on one iso .. or he holds the ball for the first 15 seconds of the shot clock.. cant blame harden for that but mchale for not running any sort of offense or plays.

9. Grigori

Grigori Member

That's what we have Beverley for.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So you can't blame the guy actually holding the ball, but you can blame the guy on the sidelines screaming "move the ball" and pulling his hair out when it happens? Does that really seem logical to you?

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He meant a tough player, an enforcer. Great teams have them.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

thus the :grin: cause someone like you won't get the joke

Harden's nights outs in Houston + Harden leading by example + Delfino kept up by twins when in Houston = ???

13. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

33-28 apparently.

14. jocar

jocar Member

No Carlos you are doing just fine, no need to be dribbling more! Glad he's happy, hope he sticks around cuz he's fun to watch

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

The Rockets' locker room must be a blast to be in. Young and explosive team with absolutely no expectations yet playing very well. A clear go-to superstar and supporting cast that is averse to drama. Doesn't get any better than that.

16. Grigori

Grigori Member

Looks like Delfino is the new Chuckwagon.

I wonder if SAC will offer him the MLE next year.

;)

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Perfect role player off the bench for this running team. Nice to know that he seems like a nice veteran presence.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

totally called Kmart a ball hog lmao.

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Nice. Thanks for the read.

20. sergio

sergio Member

I love this guy! No homo.