1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deke not returning to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 14, 2008.

1. redao

redao Member

It would be ugly after he blocks Yao's dunk and does his finger wag thing.

2. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

C'mon Morey... We don't wanna see Deke finishing his career with championship winning block in Game 6 of 2009 NBA Finals in Houston... for the Boston Celtics!!!
    [​IMG]
    Sign him now!

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Deke can't hold Yao. He use to school him when Deke was on the Knicks.

4. battousai

battousai Member

wow thanks for the videos. I almost forgot how effective Yao and Deke were at the same time on the court. That was a nice dunk by Deke.

Morey if you read this, please sign Deke now!!!

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. If we don't sign Mutombo, don't blame Morey. His hands are tied because his boss has set a LT limit on him.

2. I want the Rockets to sign Mutombo, but it's only for sentimental reason. I suspect most of the people who are screaming to sign him are the same as me too. Let's face it, he is not better than most younger backup big men in the league. In terms of pure basketball sense, I am sure Morey is looking at some other options.

3. For those who say Hayes is a bigger offensive liability than Deke, I disagree. Hayes can't dunk and can't shoot. But he is smart. He knows when and where to anticipate a pass from TMac under the basket. And he has much better hands than Deke to catch the ball. And most important of all, Hayes is a good passer. The only pass Deke can do is throw the ball back out after grabbing an offensive rebound.

6. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Zaza Pachulia is a young player. Next time, do your research before embarrassing yourself.

:D :D :D

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sure hope he ends up here when it's all said and done.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Dont get me wrong, I like Deke, but if we are going to spend the money, why not try and get someone that will actually play while Yao rests? Deke will only play if Yao is out injured, or possibly a couple minutes every dozen games.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Deke at 50 will still be better than 50% of backup centers in the league.

How can people forget what Deke had done for Houston Rox after Yao was out for the last three years!

This guy stepped up huge when the Rox needed the most, time and time again. I have no doubt he can continue to contribute. This guy has heart!

Sign Deke now!

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

First the Rockets have to make it to the playoffs and then get past the 1st round. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. :rolleyes:

As far as caring for Mutombo, you should want to see him get something for what he has given to the Rockets. Right now, signing with Boston would be a better bet for that to happen. Too bad it seems to have worked out that way. The fairy tale ending would be he signs with the Rockets and they find themselves (and health) and get to the Finals. I wouldn't bet on it based on the first 20 games, but we can all hope. :)

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the team wants to sign him. we just have to free up some cap space and we will. if deke is willing to wait for us (that's the key)

12. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

need somebody that yao can go against in practce

13. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

I've had enough of this line.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

well, that's what morey keeps saying everytime someone asks him about deke. and that's the reality.

it's frustrating b/c can we just freakin' drop francis if we're not going to play him (and give him a chance at another team b/c he still wants to play) and then sign deke. it's a win-win situation.

don't know what's taking so long to sign deke. he remains our best interior defender and rebounder even at the tender age of 90. i mean, we just need him to play 10-12 mins a game.

15. orionmgs

orionmgs Member

NO DEKE NOW FRANCIS its a sad time :rolleyes:

16. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

Just imagine if the Rockets finally manage to get all our big 3 (Yao, Artest & TMac) healthy, got past 1st round, swept through the Western Conference and meet the Celtics in the 2009 NBA finals... Now Game 6 in Houston, Celtics up 3-2... only 5.5 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the score Rockets 85 Celtics 86. KG had just fouled out on a bogus phantom call on Yao... It's Houston ball and TMac is driving to the rack only to be blocked by Mutombo. Mutombo secured the loose ball while knocking both Yao and Artest down with his left and right elbows as time expires... then you'll see this as his last fingerwagging as he concludes his playing career.
    [​IMG]

17. TracyMcGreat

TracyMcGreat Member

too funny. pic animation is so ugly. i love it.

18. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

absolutely not~~~~!!

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

don't over think this. just get him. we need him.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Gotcha, and have to say I agree with a lot of that.... I found it a bit "arrogant" in a way that they haven't brought in a true tall big behind Yao. Even all the terds that backed up Hakeem over the years, at least there was A tall terd there in case of emergency, an Eric Riley or whatever.

Yao is the team's big investment that needs protecting. Sure you got the Ferrari at a decent price and its getting it done for you. But sorry you gotta pay for full insurance and extended coverage along with it. And not over drive it all around town either, gotta keep it parked in the garage more than the regular car. Then drive the regular car in its place once in a while so the Ferrari stays in showroom condition when you really need it (and dont depreciates its value, analogy blah blah...)

I'd very much understand if the Rockets brought in a Jake Voskuhl type. I mean SOMEONE back there for a player coming off this 3rd straight season ending surgery. Hard to imagine already the Rockets had Yao, Mutombo and Jake Tsakalidas 2 seasons ago, THREE 7+ footers.