1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defund the Cops?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Jun 4, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can a thread get anymore useless than this one? U want attention so badly.

amaru and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Aww. Someone pissed on your new rally cry. I hope this thread does become irrelevant. But this is the new narrative coming from MSM.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

All my experiences with HPD have been abysmal. Granted they weren’t related to emergency situations. But from my experience and from that I’ve heard from other people. Its basically, they are taking your report and you might as visualize them crinkling it into a ball and throwing it into a trash can behind their back while you’re still standing there. My impressions have been classic bureaucracy with most folks doing just enough not to get fired. I get that impression from most government workers I’ve interacted with though.

All that being said, yea, obviously a constabulary is an absolute necessity. I like to think in an emergency situation they would come and help me out.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

All because 13% of the population commits 50% of the crimes and then complains about being “disproportionately” confronted by the police.

Literally.

Wattafan and generalthade_03 like this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I knew it, just a matter of time before their true colors are showing. Anarchy is coming to your area folks. My business and home defense systems which I’m working on right now start to look better and better all the time.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Narrative, check. MSM, check. Conspiracy, check. Soros? NO CHECK?

Personally I think the police in this country could use a lot of de-funding equipment wise. When doctors and nurses don't have PPE but cops can get geared up like they're running into Fallujah it speaks to our backwards ass priorities in this country.

8. HTM

HTM Member

Not saying I agree with the militarization of the police/war on drugs/all that but I wonder if a lot of the stuff we see is military surplus vs. police buying it new

9. Buck Turgidson

Military surplus gear and asset forfeiture both need to be done away with.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Seems like Baltimore after Freddie Gray could be examined as a case study into whether this is a good idea or not.

12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

We already know how that turned out. Law abiding black citizens begging the police to come back.

Wattafan likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d support de-funding equipment and paying cops more. But by paying them more make it easier to be terminated and increase training/requirements.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

More money is the answer. Higher pay equals more competition. Weed out the bad ones so you don’t have to re-hire people with multiple complaints against them

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah i want public law enforcement. Not enthused at the idea of libertarian security groups bulking up RoboCop.

Hope the options are not either Racist Cops or zero cops.

That's some bigly Trump****ery right there.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is literally a white national talking point. Literally.

Too bad it's also a bit of a strawman. You see, black people are disproportionately killed by the police, that's the argument.

It's a nice try but I am reminded that you've been going down that racist pipeline for a while now so I'm not surprised to see the 1352 meme from you.

Lol and you are desperate to post it in multiple threads, hows that 4chan going for you?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is more of a talking point of FoxNews about a fake talking point of “the left” that doesn’t really exist. You guys are really good at that.

Yes... people are talking and throwing out ideas (some good some bad) about ways to enact change. That is traditionally known as a good thing since we are supposed to be a democracy that used to encourage sharing of ideas with freedom of speech and expression.

Call me when there is a bill on the table or preliminary actions are taking place but if not get out of here with the stifling of free speech with these bully tactics of the cult right media.

quikkag, jiggyfly, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. IBTL

IBTL Member

some friends from europe were thinking of coming over. Its not the heat but the humidity

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Sure. Don’t we defund school that fail basic performance metric repeatedly? Defund police dept that fail to meet some basic standard (murdering for example) and move that fund to other police dept for a replacement of that police dept.

Andre0087, Nook, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.