1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defensive Juggernauts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jo3yBo3y, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Jo3yBo3y

Jo3yBo3y Member

Greetings fellow Clutch playas, pimps, and mamasitas ;)

Last season the Rockets were on top of their game in the run and gun offensive scheme. I shall be the first TOF because our defensive improves at the guard tremendously!

Imagine a rotation of:

Bev
    Johnson
    Ariza
    Chuck Hayes ;) jk Harden or Parson for offensive purposes
    Howard

With Ariza on our team we get someone who can play some good amount of minute(giving our starters a rest) and put up a couple buckets around 15ish which is minimum he can do with our type of system. He will be a dangerous slasher/shooter/ defender.

F#*& Bosh, Melo, and Cuban. The Rockets shall PREVAIL!!!!

P.S
    One more big in our rotation and ill be a content until the trade deadline when Morey really works his magic....

2. tburris872

tburris872 Member

Who is going to be the Assistant Coach that gets the Rockets to play quality defense?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team will never be a defensive jogger nut with Harden playing the way he did last season. His improvement or departure is the key to the jogging.

4. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

or in this case, the "d" is soft.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Tony Allen and Courtney Lee for Omer Asik

6. goyao11

goyao11 Member

You have an untested, undersized rookie and Harden/Parsons playing out of position against 4s on defense.

Beverley, Ariza, and the rookie likely won't be able to create for others at all offensively, so it'll again be on Harden and Howard. Except now all the perimeter players are incredibly streaky shooters.

I can't see us running this lineup for more than 2-3 minutes at a time with any success unless Ariza goes cray, Nick Johnson turns out to be the second coming of Wade, and Beverley becomes Westbrook.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The defensive juggernaut will be Parsons, Ariza, and Garcia rotating on Durant.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

This would be a bad idea for 3 reasons:
    1. Harden or Parsons at PF would get eaten alive
    2. If the thread you created is called Defensive Juggernauts, why mention Harden and Parsons at all (when we all know those 2 are NOT defensive juggernauts)
    3. Who would get them to play that kind of defense (we all know that won't be McHale)

I do agree on the Screw Bosh, Melo, and Cuban 100%

9. newAge_Rockets

Garcia will just unleash that nasty staredown on KD, and it will all be over.

10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

The defensive juggernaut I see on the team is the
    Ball boys during warm ups.. Give them a couple 10 day contracts
    And hope one pans out. Lol

We need a defensive coach first.
    Defense from head to toe

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

12. Jo3yBo3y

Jo3yBo3y Member

It's a rotation option guys not the starting five. Those 4 guys minus harden and parsons can get those lose balls so eliminating 2nd which killed us a couple times I'he regular season.

I put Harden & CP25 in the rotation so we can still put some points up. We could develop a deadly double team with guys like Ariza & Bev who can help then return to their man.

If you want some D at the 4 then Tj with Howard as weak side help can work every now and then. TJ has to get bigger so i think we got it guys.

How are we not better defensively with the additions of johnson and ariza?!