1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Deep DoDo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wattsupdogg, Jul 25, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Smegs

I didn't dismiss your B-Ball Knowledge
    but How many teams losy a HOFer for the
    year last year?
    And Have another Stricken with some unknown
    disease/illness?
    Starting line ups
    1999 2000
    pippen Walt
    barkley Barkley [later bull?]
    Hakeem Hakeem [later Cato]
    Cat Anderson
    Dickerson Francis

Totally new team and style.

I just think u a lil harsh.

F*ck it . . I GUARANTEE 40 wins this year

Rocket River

------------------

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I guarantee 41 [​IMG] Francis for MVP!!!!!

------------------
    "Don't think twice, its allright"

3. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

40 Wins! we're going to the finals! I know, 1982 we were 40-42 and met Boston in the finals but I'll take the 1st round of the playoffs this year, of course I'll be disappointed but I'm realistic too!

------------------
    Rockets For Better, For Worse......'til death do us part!

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Rocket River and BoobFinn,

So if the Rockets don't win 40 or 41 games respectively you guys are going to........

I pick a nude streak at the rockets draft party next year, with the number of wins written on your bum cheeks.

Smeg

PS Rocket River, it may be harsh if you compare to the roster listed at the start of the year, fair point, but injuries and declining play due to age are reality in sports not excuses. However, plenty of people are talking about basically keeping the same roster, and they aren't talking about the roster we started last season with, but keeping the roster we finished the year with, and I am saying that roster only got us 30 wins, which for me (and BK) isn't good enough, and thus we cannot sit still with our roster.

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

5. Miggidy Markell

Smegg,
    I been readin this post and been think about the posts but you made some very stupid ideas. Trading Moochie who is a great back-up, even good enough to start and who would take Franchise's spot if he gets injured? Trade Pig?????? He is a free agent so he can't be traded. Los showed alot of skills last year and could prove to be exactly what the Rockets need at the back-up 4 spot. Kenny as not being good enough, now come on. I don't like him much either but he did more then anyone expected. Sure he was compared to Charles and Derrick Coleman but you can't expect a great season by Kenny to be able to get us to the play-offs. It is a team sport, did you see the Rockets last season? Their cemistry would have to be one of the best if not THE best in the NBA. They may not have gotten a good record but remember this is a team that is REBUILDING. I can remember when Quitten was with us, what cemistry did we have? NONE! This team is only going to get better. By the way if we land Bo Outlaw then we should be a great team next season. Cato swatting shots and hopefully some offensive presence, Outlaw with his swatting, ballhandling!!!!!, determination (this guy is very under-rated!), Wizard with his hot hand again hopefully, Shandon with his all-round skills and we all know what Stevie can do!

All we can hope for is to re-sign Cat and sign trade with Orlando to get Bo Outlaw!

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Smeg,

Hehehehehehe. Me? Streak? maybe not completely nude . . . much to shy
    and much to considerate of others ;-)

BUT I doubt i have to.

More Excuses.
    I think KT will be even better this year
    [hell if he got just a few calls his way
    we might have won about 4~5 more games]
    I think Langhi and Collier will surprise people
    I think Langhi will be a nice ONE TWO
    with Walt at SF. Will they dominate KT
    and other SF. No. But they will not be
    the big liability [No O and No D]
    [this will account for another 2-3 games]

Starting line up:
    now End of Year
    Hakeem Hakeem
    KT Collier/KT [Cato won't Start]
    Walt walt/Langhi
    Anderson Anderson
    Francis Francis

Bench: Moochie, Mobley, Cato, T-mass/los, Pig
    Bull and Drew.

Reserves: Gray, Washington,

i think we will improve by at least 10 games

Rocket River

------------------

7. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

I think the point we're trying to make here is to get to another level(level being the key word) we would have to upgrade this position. I think KT did a good job last year also but I also think we need someone else that matches up better at that spot(against Webber, Malone, Duncan, KG , etc),because you can't depend on Dream playing all year so that leaves Cato playing center all the time and he missed alot of games last year also, KT will need some help ,preferably to start for him because I don't feel Collier will be ready ,starting out, to play big minutes. I don't argue we had good chemistry the end of last year but so did my church team but we also won't match up well! I know you don't agree and I respect that but this is my observation.

------------------

8. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

I repeat,we're in touble if we don't get a PF! Did you you see the position KT gives up to fat butt tractor trailor and where Collier lets Mihm shoot from ,hard to miss from 3-4 ft!!! And do you really want your PF rolling out and shooting from 3pt line because thats the only shot he's getting off? Helppppppp!

------------------

9. SlamN

SlamN Member

Traylor looks pretty good today. His fat butt allows him to push around guys taller than him, more leverage. He needs to work off maybe another 10-15 pounds though. Plus his defense is absent today. He still looks a whole lot better than KT.

------------------

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sounds like something they should do if we lose. [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

11. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

Dr. of Dunk, this lil purple guy kinda looks like KT in the face! Or is it just me? How funny!

------------------

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Miggidy Makrell,

Sure Chemistry is real important and without it the rockets probably would have only had 20 wins.

Now i never said Kenny couldn't play, in fact i said he had the ability to play in the NBA, but most likely not as a star and will be more of a very solid role player.

Now on the trading of Mooch, Pig and Los, I never said actively shop them, cause you wouldn't get **** for them, but if a trade goes down for Drew or Walt they are expendable, they are throw ins, they are bench players, every team has them and they typically circulate around the league. They are handy back-ups, once again every team has them, and if we had better starters would only see court time to collect the garbage, put those three on the Lakers or Blazers team and tell me they get minutes.

Just putting out the trash

Smeg

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

13. Miggidy Markell

Honestly you look at the way moochie played last season. I bet that Toronto would do anything right now to get him over there. There are many teams he could start for. I wouldn't mind betting he would be worth more then Drew!

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!