1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Rockets2K

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxs-Redemption, Dec 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

NOOOOO...R2K....."Near, Far, Wherever you are.." make your highlight vids only! :)

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hope R2K is doing well. Sure do miss his posts - don't see much of him anymore.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I know there were still quite a few, and believe me, I feel bad about cutting you guys off over there...it was for our "across-the-pond" members that I started this in the first place....and for that I thank all of you...I would have never gotten the level of notoriety I have here without it.

This isnt necessarily goodbye forever, I may start doing them again at a later date, it just isnt a good time for me right now...life has gotten rougher than normal and the spare time required to do them just isnt available to me right now.

Thankfully, Clutch is doing kickass work on the highlights, and batkins seems to be helping out also...so there *are* vids out there for you guys. Im also sure that there are full game vids out there to be had, just do a search for "rockets game video torrents" and you should be able to find them.

So thanks to all for the kind words, I do appreciate it....and hopefully life will stabilize for me soon and I can start at least working up some highlight reels.

Till then, thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Thank you so much R2K.
    Your video was awesome.
    I hope you change your mind later.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

look after yourself Dude

6. Roxs-Redemption

Its going to be hard work for you. Because of all the back-to-back games...
    But I love your dedication and appreciation you put on the NBA Highlights and mixes on YouTube.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He deserves it. Instead of bemoaning the fact that he doesn't have time for it anymore (and not much bemoaning, to be fair... we understand), we should celebrate R2K for all the many hours he put into giving us those games. Before I ponied up for NBATV, I could watch the games on League Pass, but not those needlessly moved to NBATV by the NBA's Head of All Evil, Mr. Stern. While I personally haven't needed the game feeds since I decided to line the coffers of the league even more, I did check out the other coverage he provided us from time to time. I thank him for that, and for his hard work.

We all owe R2K our sincere thanks for the contributions he's made to keep this the best sports BBS on the planet. Those contributions were and are significant. Thanks, bro!

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

this post is funny.

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Do not worry R2K, we will manage without the games. We reallly appreciate the time you put in sharing the games for us.
    I hope life will get easier for you again. Look after yourself.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Deckard,

Is it possible to watch basketball games (with league pass or nbatv) when it suits me or can I only watch the games when they are played? (since they are played in the middle of the night and I do need some sleep every now and then I like to watch them later on the day.)

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I subscribed to Intl League Pass this year and you can watch the games at your convenience. I'm replaying the ORL game now.

12. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I remember when he first started doing consistent game highlights. It was after or soon after I had requested the highlight of a Scott Padgett game winner in 2005.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=90196&highlight=Padgett

That's 7 great years of service to this board. I was away at college for a good number of those years so those highlights were all I had when I needed a fix for my Rockets. I appreciated every single one of those clips. Thanks 2k!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have the support of the 99ers.
    go back to Vulcan and mind meld with McCoy and we'll hold the bridge down for you.

Cause the needs of the rockets fans outweigh the needs of the fake fans.

Live long and prosper!

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thanks R2K. I loved watching your highlights since I first started loving the Rockets.

On a side note... isn't Batkins picking up capping duties? He did state that he will try to cap (in HD) every single Rockets game possible.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Geez R2K, you're really inconveniencing us with your lack of video torrenting!

JK. I don't know what's happening in your life, but I hope you'll come out on top. I remember you were recently in the hospital, I hope it isn't related to that.

We're all still forever grateful for your hard work and hope everything will be back to normal soon. And thanks to #1, batkins, and everyone else providing the vids!

16. koopa

koopa Member

No disrespect to r2k..but it's really sad he can't upload anymore? if it's his health i hope he feels better..i hope its not because Yao is gone so alll the yao only fans leave the board.

17. koopa

koopa Member

Just read this..hope you get well soon and start uploading thanks.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Thanks for all the hard work R2K.

Batkins already those an amazing job with the college highlights, hopefully he'll be able to do the Rockets one's too!

More green dots to him!

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Take care of yourself first. I hope everything pans out the way you want it to.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member