1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Morey, Please trade the ball stoppers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brian_chapman, Oct 23, 2010.

1. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I do not have Morey's email so I'll send a message here.

Dear Morey,

This offense is great.I love the direction of the team. You are the best run organization in Houston sports. I love the Princeton offense because it runs great without having a true superstar. For a smaller market like Houston this is the perfect system.

I decided to not make any decisions last year on players because Yao was out. This preseason I have notice 3 ballstoppers and 1 starter that is slowing down.

These ballstoppers while some may score high volume points ,have a nice stat sheet after the game, REALLY bog down the offense and it simply stops all movement,passing,cuts, and is simply an iso play that is not fun to watch and usually results in a bad shot(see Lees last second layup vs Dallas last night).

These 3 players, once they get the ball, I can close my eyes. I already know they will shoot no matter what. Sometimes they might pass during a fast break but in the half court offense oh man they are not passing. One is playing for a contract, the other is playing for playing time, the other will not be getting playing time but has always been a blackhole.

They are Jeffries, Brooks, and Lee. I love Lees defense but he simply is a chucker like Cuttino Mobley. The first 3 preseason games I saw atleast 1 airball a game from Lee. Brooks reminds me of Francis. Jeffries I hope gets no playing time. The starter thats slowing down is Battier. Im not saying trade Battier. Just give Budinger more minutes at sf than Battier.

But Brooks+Lee+Jeffries+Knick picks+Battier can that not get some kind of great player back? Are we letting Jeffries and Battier "walk" at the end of season? Fine , but I love the Lowry/Ish combo and Budinger and Martin. I would love to trade these "assets" I just listed for some kind of stud at pg or sf or even bigman 4/5.

I know Melo isnt coming and Granger isnt on the block. But I want to win NOW. We dont know how much longer Yao will hold up. Put your chips all in. Trade for Nash. Try to get Chris Paul when Hornets start failing this year,I love Verajao. I like Gerald Wallace.Anthony Randolph is a bigman with passing skills.The Knicks are said to be unhappy with AR. Do something. This offense can be beautiful at times but Brooks,Lee,and Jeffries (and Battier standing on the 3 point line) really make this an iso offense.

Thank You.

4 people like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dear Mr. Morey,

Please ignore Brian Chapman, we all do.

DD

2 people like this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I bet you'd sure love to trade for Greg Oden.

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Dear Mr. Brian Chapman,

Your trolling is invaluable to Clutchfans. Keep up the good work.

DT

5. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

give it 1 star all you want, Ill be laughing and proven right when Brooks and Jeffries are traded. Brooks wants to be paid. To be paid the first thing teams look at is ppg. His ppg will drop significantly with Lowry eating half his minutes. Lowry was injured alot last year and there was no Lee to backup Martin.

Brooks got alot of his minutes backing up Martin last year. Brooks will not be happy with 25mpg. Guaranteed. Plus he has no clue how to run this offense. When he is traded ,Ill bring this thread up with a big fat "thankyou".

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

is it just me, or does is smell like dope in here?

1 person likes this.
  7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Brooks does tend to over dribble but I'll let it slide.

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

and Lee last night,the last 30 seconds could have won the game. I stood here watching Lee dribble for 20 seconds past halfcourt with tunnel vision b-line to the basket when he could have ate the clock up or passed for an open shot, Nope. Trys an off balance contested layup and misses and leaves time on the clock. The reason why the shot clock was so low was because Lee was ballhoggin it the entire shot clock to end the game.

The best thing to happen to this team is Martin having the balls to speak up and say he wants to be in the last minutes of the game.

However,once brooks does that ,with his pending FA, I believe Morey will trade him.

Some players have a right to complain about minutes (like martin) but others are complaining so they get paid (brooks)

9. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Dear mod, please ban this troll.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Brian chapman no want chucker. Brian Chapman want ball sharer like Carmelo and Granger. What is Morey doing, Morey no smart. Brian Chapman smarter.

1 person likes this.
  11. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

One preseason game and you decide to post this? Why not wait until regular season first?

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Trade Lee for Matt Cassel!!!

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've seen a bunch of nice passes by brooks this preseason on the pick and roll. Lee's looking like an upgrade over ariza and Jeffries will be back on the bench soon.

<waves hand Jedi mind trick style>
    there's nothing to see here move along.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yv8bpw4UvkQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yv8bpw4UvkQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Houston_Rockets

Why are people bashing the OP???
    If you think he doesn´t make sense, bash the idea with arguments, don´t go personal......

I think he is correct when calling Lee a ballstoper, he was more of a catch and shoot player in Orlando, and I think during the season you will see him shooting more then dribble, specially if Dish Smith is playing PG

Jeffries is a scrub, with a great expiring contract, there is no point in trading him now, the closer to the trade deadline, the better....

I was a doubter of ABs ability to defend on a title contender, from the preseason play, I noticed better balance between defense and offense, with better shot selection, but the question remains.... Does Morey want to pay AB 10M a year, or use him as a big trade asset???

Battier is obviously declining, in my opinion we need a better defensive shooting SF, I think we don´t need a great scorer at the SF position, and don´t say C Bud, I think our young stud is crucial for our 2nd unit, and I think he still doesn´t have the defensive pedigree do go against guys like Durant. We are one starting SF away from contention, my opinion

PeAcE

1 person likes this.
  16. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Is that you, Mike Harris?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

18. University Blue

Lee was brought here partly for his defense off the bench, experience, athleticism, and swagger. Flashy dunks and assists to CB are bonus stuff.

I'm sure JJ is not part of Houston's long-term plans.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow and I was just thinkinghow finally we have gotten rid of all the ball stoppers. Between Tmac and Alston and Artest and even Ariza last year we have expunged most of the worst ball stoppers. I was thinking this is the first team that has a real chance to run Adelman's offense.

So I find your thread a little bit stupid. Yeah Jeffries is a bad offensive option but he is the 5th option when he is on the court. There is not one play designed for him. He is the 5th option and should not get many touches in any game.

As for Lee He is just learning the offense. he is still young and is learning a new offense. This the beginning of his third season and only one month under Adelman and a new offense. He will get better and he in most cases is the 4th or 5th option on the court. Did I mention he is only 2 years in the league and 1 month under Adelman.

And Brooks, the mention made me conclude your thread was stupid. Yes he is an offensive pg as opposed to Ish who is more of a tradtional pg. But he can get us points that Ish will never get. he makes players play him tight. No pg will ever cheat off of Brooks. You need him on the court. And he is a better passer than 2 years ago, much better. Plus he makes things happen even if it is for himself. He isn't Alston. So I while have some issues with some of our players. Having ball stoppers on this team is one of the least of them. Just a stupid thread.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

It should be "Dear Diary" cause that's the only thing that'll listen to this crap.