1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear coach koobs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MYLEVL, Dec 2, 2010.

1. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

I'm tired of battling, trying our best and fighting til the end. Cut the bull ****, we want to win.

My texans lost and im pissed. Time for something a lil more upbeat, good thing I recorded the First 48.

2. conquistador#11

"Just got to go and look at the film see what we did wrong. There is a lot of football to be played." -tomorrow at 3:30pm-

I wonder if Kubiak knows that there are only 16 games in a season?

3. PointForward

PointForward Member

Why does Frank Bush still have a job?

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm coming to the realization Kubiak isn't going anywhere because of all these close loses BUT the guy has to be neutered and a new GM and DC have to hired by McNair that have little to do with Kubiak.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This defense fails to meet even the basest of expectations you'd think of for a professional team. Defending a 55 yard hail mary? 75 yards in 45 seconds, no TO's? 3rd and 19 with the game on the line? Making a tackle and not giving up 5 yards in the process?

Battle? I do not think that means what you think it means Gary.

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

'These kids are battling hard, busting their butts. They have not given up and we sure as hell haven't given up as coaches. We're workin' to turn this thing around. You gotta keep pushin', keep battling in this league. If you do, good things will come your way.'

Gary, your defense has given up 30+ points again. How do you justify keeping Bush?

'Because I believe in him. We're doing good things in spurts. We just gotta find some consistency back there. We're going with the guys we got. We believe in them.'

Gary, how do you feel about the loss?

'Well you know, John, losses are never fun. Just gotta go back to work this week, keep fightin' and prepare for Baltimore.'

Yada yada yada. At the point you can go replay a previous press conference and hear the same.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Because we kept the Titans to 0 points last week ... :rolleyes:

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Kubiak isn't going anywhere and he'll be back next season, bcuz from the way it looks McNair doesn't give a crap about the team.

10. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

He gives a crap. I'm sure Kubiak will get another year if he agrees to fire Bush.

[​IMG]

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I think if they could get a proven defense coordinator, Gary could be ok. He may still blow a game a year with bad clock management, but they'd be good enough to win ten or eleven games. It used to be that the notion of that many wins was laughable, but now its hard to believe the D is that bad.

12. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

He's had 5 years already, that is enough time to get this team to the playoffs at least once. So you want to give him a third defensive coordinator? What about last year when the defense was decent and our schedule was much easier? Like Gary Kubiak says, "its on him."

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

That's why I'm advocating a full house-cleaning. Kubiak's seasons are alreading mirroring Shanahan's last seasons in Denver. The last thing we need is to keep making excuses:

[​IMG]

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is that the theory going right now? That Kubiak isn't firing Bush now, just so he can sacrifice him at the end to save his own job? I guess it could've been a cover your ass type thing why he wouldnt do it earlier.

A new DC midseason could:
    -even with an improved defense Gary might not have gotten more wins with the offense
    -a continued dead last D would show that Gary can't pick personnel on that side of the ball at all, demotion to a "OC with the title of head coach"
    -leave only Gary to take all the blame at the end of the year.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Man up, resign.

Kubiak, "I have come to the realization that this team, which I love very much, needs more than I can give. I have worked hard along the with the coaches and the entire team, but it does not appear that I am the one to take the Texans to the next level. I have done my best and would like to stay on in some capacity, but today I am stepping down as head coach."

McNair, "We regret that Gary has come to this decision, but we accept it and will move forward. Gary will have a future with the organization, but that is a matter to be worked out later. For now, we will begin a search for a new head coach. We believe that they will build on the foundation that has been laid and the best is yet to come."

1 person likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's funny, to me, how ideas get planted and become entrenched: Which games did Kubiak blow due to bad clock management?

17. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Oh how I wish this would happen...

18. Boomhauer

San Diego Chargers - AJ's non catch that bounced of his leg into the Chargers hands for a game ending INT.

@ Jacksonville Jaguars - All we needed was to catch the hailmary for the INT and go in to OT.

@ New York Jets - again just needed a defensive stop.

@ Philadelphia Eagles - really both sides of the ball needed to play better.

I don't think any of these games were on Kubiak's clock management.

It makes me sick to think we should be 9-3 at this point. :mad:

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

At times bad clock management and bad play calling seem to go hand in hand, so probably "blowing a game" may be attributed to the latter, when both play a part in it.

Bad management could leave points on the field before the half ends, or half-assed attempts to score on end of half possessions. I can't give many specific examples off the top of my head, but there are several this season. I want to say the SD drive where Joel fumbled was the latest example, but with last second losses to the Jags and Jets, there has to be something there if I could stomach rewatching those games. In particular there are multiple weeks where someone jokes about GK thinking that timeouts rollover. I don't think they've scored on an end of half possession more than once this season, and that's part of the reason why until the Titans game they only averaged 8 points in the first half.

Are they trying to score? Are they just running the ball to kill clock? Why are they in hurry up but not using time outs?

I think the most obvious indicator of bad time management is that there never (barring a one or two games) seems to be that sense of urgency during the last possessions. Announcers notice it, and in the threads we notice it too.

20. Boomhauer

Bad clock management was on display last night in the Ravens/Steelers game. When Troy Hairamalu sacked Flacco and caused the fumble I was wondering why they were throwing the ball instead of running.

1 person likes this.