1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Black Voters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jul 15, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Can you please point to a specific lie?

otherwise you're lying about me lying

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Implying that I said "great success" is a lie.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Goerge Romney was a Latino ad therefore I'd vote for him. His son is just a robot android

4. bigtexxx

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Romney ‘Flew In’ His Own Blacks to Cheer NAACP Speech

link

7. GladiatoRowdy

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More on point, is who the hell do you think you are to speak for the men George Romney marched with, especially when it's done to chastise others who are no doubt more in touch with the issues addressed by civil rights.

9. likestohypeguy

Even if you say it that way, without the "r", it's still considered a faux pas. I'm making the assumption you're white here, saying it like a joke. Either way ppl obviously got offended, so why not just use a different slang term altogether- brotha, home boy, or "g" etc. instead? Something that still sounds funny but that both white people and black people can say, and that's not even close to the n-word. Because whether one actually pronounced it "..ggA" or "..ggER" is not an argument you ever want to get into in mixed company. Trust me, neither version is good.

Regarding the actual topic, understand that not every black person even voted for Obama in the first place. I see no reason to worry about that now. It boilsdown to the issues & the candidate's stance on the issues you like. Everyone can think for themselves.

10. GladiatoRowdy

FWIW, IIRC, Cheetah is black. I'm pretty sure I met him at the Toyota Center.

11. bigtexxx

So you're saying that because he's black (which I'm not even that sure about....I think you're referring to Krosfyah who is like half black) that makes it alright?

That doesn't make it right!

No one should use that kind of language in my opinion.

12. GladiatoRowdy

I didn't make any comment about that, I was answering the poster who questioned Cheetah's race. And no, I know EXACTLY who krosfyah is, we met before the first year's Red Rowdies tryouts to discuss tactics and then were on the squad for 1.5 years together.

Are you really that bad at reading?

13. bigtexxx

backpedaling!

twas obvious what you implied

14. GladiatoRowdy

I didn't imply anything, any inference you gleaned was out of your head exclusively.