1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan, do you see DM going after him this season???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston_Rockets, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Houston_Rockets

DeAndre Jordan was drafted with the 35th pick in the 2008 draft

He is 22y, and will be a restricted FA after this year (I think this is true, even tho hoopshype says he will be an unrestricted FA)

IMO, regardless of what we think the celling on this kid is, we can almost guarantee that, if DeAndre was a Houston since the beginning of the season, and playing starting minutes, he would be easily a 10rebs 2 blocks per game, and these 2 things are huge weaknesses.

What do you think about him???
    Do you think that the Clippers would demand alot???
    By waiting for him to hit FAgency, would the competition for him increase???

(and no, this post is not only because he played well against us, he has had good games before, and I always liked his potential as a rebounding/block shot machine C)

PeAcE

2. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

i would love to get deandre but we got so many PF's we needa clear the roster.

3. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Clips won't demand much. Very athletic big that does what most teams are in dire need of (including ours). Because they are the Clips, they will give him away for a box of Cracker Jacks. Morey should have this done by lunch today. If CD were still in the mix, he would have him signed to a 6 year extension by dinner tonight based off of that one game. Reminds me of another former Rocket

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I don't really see the Clippers being unhappy with DeAndre Jordan and trying to dump him.

Kaman is injury prone, so they would have Ike Diogu be a starter if DJ was gone.

Diogu is not even a starting caliber C on a lottery team.

5. STUD

STUD Rookie

His a center

6. Happii

Happii Member

Jordan basically plays the same style as JeVale McGee. He is very athletic, his a shot blocker and dunks coming from left and right. Right now the Rockets need a shot blocker and a person to defend the paint. So I see Jordan as a perfect fit to the Rocket roster. And by the way he is a center...so our center problem may be gone.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

He wouldn't be a bad project at the right price (around a 3yr/$5mil) . He's young and has the tools to play well and contribute. I saw him playing in AggieLand and didnt really tear up the opposition, but again, he was only 18 at the time.

I think with our organization, he would definitely benefit...simply by working with Carroll Dawson. Jordan Hill has great benefited by being able to work with CD.

Add Hakeem to list of tutors to add to their skill set, and we can have a very nice front line in the future with DeAndre, Hill, and Scola.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Leebigez has been touting the acquisition of Jordan for quite some time now.

9. sefril

sefril Member

if they can use Cookie Monster on actual rotation, then we can convince them that Jefferies is useful for them too.. :grin:

10. Moahst

Moahst Member

People like to label him a project player but I don't think he's going to change much. He's not the kind of guy busting his hump to improve his game; he's very content where he's at right now.

He's a Houston kid but I don't want him playing here.

11. passdarock

passdarock Member

Deandre Jordan has untapped potential that will develop with experience. He is only 22 and expendable to the Clippers at this point, so I hope DM would seriously consider stealing him away.

His mobility around the basket is amazing. He can rise up and attack the basket at will while providing shot-blocking capabilities on the defensive end.

I would propose trading Jeffries and Budinger for Deandre Jordan.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I thought he was unrestricted....dang it...he is restricted?

DD

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lousy footwork, lousy hands; athletic, long. He's a Clip, and will remain so. Kaman should be the target.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Kaman is $12 million a year....and injury prone......I don't think the Rox need another center like Kaman....but they do need a true shot blocking big like Jordan.

And he is from Houston......are you guys sure he is restricted? Hoopshype has him just coming off the books.....

DD

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Jordan is a pretty nice player, I like him. He can finish and block shots which is exactly what we need.

16. trugoy

trugoy Member

reminds me of stromile swift.

I would be wary because he is playing for vinnie del negro, who basically has no system, the players are basically just making things up as they go along most of the time.

Whther he can produce this under an actual system is debatable, he didn't do too well under dunleavy who actually does have a system.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

3 year player = RFA

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But we want him to play defense, rebound and protect the rim.....and occassionally dunk it....

I think he can handle that.

And if he is restricted, you would expect DM to go after him NOW !

DD

19. mazinger

mazinger Member

No thanks, we need a defensive Center not one that can only dunk.

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

As I said, he doesn't seem to have high Bball IQ to me, I don't know if he is capable of executing a discplined defensive game plan. Definitely a project, no way he is capable of being a starting C on a playoff team right now, and no way to know if he ever will be.

Could be Stromile Swift, or best case is tyson chandler.