1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan Coming Per Nick Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shinjirod, Jan 31, 2019.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I agree with this. He can't shoot. However, night in and night out we really don't depend on Tucker's shooting ability. When he hits his threes that's a huge bonus, but the Rockets have won many games without him scoring many points. Faried plays above the rim and he gets the Rockets more possessions and scoring opportunities. I'm not knocking PJ Tucker and how valuable he is, but I believe Faried can handle the 4 position.

2. xaos

xaos Member

Tucker hits enough threes to keep the defense honest, it's not just a huge bonus.

3. farhen

farhen Member

Make it happen murray!!!

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree against the warriors he’s a 5 only. Against every other team? We don’t necessarily need outside shooting from our four position. You can get away just fine with playing Faried alongside a big. The season is a long grind and he will always be a boost to our rotation. In the playoffs against GSW, that’s probably where you phase out Nene and DeAndre if he comes, and go with a Capela/Tucker/Faried rotation at the 5.

deb4rockets, Hakeemtheking and Ramo$e like this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We don't DEPEND on Tucker to hit those 3's, no, but other teams know that he is capable of hitting them. Therefore he stretches the floor.

Teams also know Faried is a bricklayer with his jumpshot so they'd sag off and clog the paint with him at the 4.

6. BasketballMind

True that. I feel like Faried's play evens it out. He's a better rebounder and creates more scoring opportunities because of the way he plays, but I see your point. Tucker definitely creates space for Harden and Paul to do their thing, and I believe D'Antoni wouldn't know what to do or how to coach if he didn't have atleast 4 three point shooters in the game at all times. If DJ were to come to Houston, I hope the Rockets find a way to get him minutes, because he will be needed. Unless the Rockets feel DJ and Faried cancel each other out. If I had to choose one, I'd choose DJ.

#286 BasketballMind, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  7. BasketballMind

I agree. Just responded to the other poster.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Can we get Wes Matthews too?

payaso likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sure, why not.

topfive and payaso like this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Tucker is our best three point shooter... What are you talking about?

11. riko

riko Member

Lol no he is not. Gordon, Harden and even Paul when somewhat healthy are all better. Don’t give me the percentage argument. Those guy take more threes and their shots are all contested so their percentages might be lower.

HakeemOnlyFan and tnluong84 like this.
  12. TimmyD21!

TimmyD21! Member

Spurs will still be better. When was the last time the Rockets actually drafted an All Star player? The scouting team in Houston really sucks lol.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately not much effort was put into scouting young players the last years.

14. Game7

Game7 Member

What yard line are we at? Call me when we hit the 2.

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wouldn't this make Capela dispensable?

16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

We could put DJ at 3 and capella at the 5

17. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Why not have both? 48 minutes of elite PG play.. 48 minutes of elite Pick & roll action, post defense, and rebounding..

Fiah likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If the Rockets get Clint Capela, DeAndre Jordan, Kenneth Faried all playing, in the game why not spread out minutes and mix and match with Faried backing up Tucker. Giannis and those stronger, longer Forwards are harder to guard for Tucker.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Gordon is shooting 31% thats horrible... CP3 is shooting 35% that's slightly better than horrible. Tucker is 38% which is almost elite.

If I want anyone other than Harden shooting a three it's Tucker and that's just a fact.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You seen DJ lately? His defense is far from elite.