1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deandre Jordan career high 8 blocks last night

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Jones, Dec 26, 2011.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I don't agree with "Morey is a r****d when it comes to drafts", but I'll say in Houston we'll pass on homegrown talent quicker than we'll ever take a guy from here. ALA Rashard Lewis (3X), Clyde Drexler (2X before trading for him in his early 30's), DeAndre Jordan, etc....

Overall I think Morey drafts well (His record in free agency is another matter) but If you're going to miss I'd rather miss on a 7-footer. Because if you hit you could really help yourself for years.

2. Raven

Raven Member

And that's the sort of thing I would fire a GM over. You absolutely cannot F up when it comes to evaluating big men.

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

Coming out of high school I thought DeAndre Jordan had all the potential in the world but his lack of effort in college just screamed Kelvin Cato all over again.

4. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Dorsey has an amazing build and if he wasn't such a dolt he could have panned out and we'd be saying Morey is a genius.

Granted I wasn't as sold on him as Morey might have been because I saw him play in college, but I didn't think it was the worst move he could have made. But Morey sometimes is a bit ridiculous in terms of drafting on sheer potential rather than off skills. Having height and passion and bball IQ are skills and that needs to be evaluated, IMO. Morey has generally drafted well.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Geez calm down over Deandre. We have a better version of him right now that is signed for a lot less money.

6. what

what Member

It is not a stretch to say that deandre was possibly the worst college basketball player every drafted in any round of the nba. The guy was terrible. The fact that he even got a chance is amazing to me.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

REALLY? C'MON MAN.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I guess since Seattle picked DJ White over DeAndre, Sam Presti should be fired as well?

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Lets start the firing game because all these teams missed on DeAndre and instead got an inferior player: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft

It is freaking ridiculous. Yea the Rockets made a mistake, but I remember watching him (I am a fan of Baylor), guy was a moron. He didn't know how to play as a big man, he was a lesser version of Thabeet.

Sure in hindsight he is fantastic. In hindsight, we would've traded Tmac and Yao after their great seasons and we'd be an amazing team for the talent we would've gotten in return.

I wish the Rockets could see into the future too, then we'd be unstoppable.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol...I remember how excited the blind Morey lovers were when he said that the Rockets got "Ray Lewis with a basketball." Most didn't even critically evaluate the statement much less the pick itself. Leebigez deserves the utmost credit for saying Houston should've drafted DJ over Dorsey, because he called it as soon as it happened on draft night...however, he was met with the usual responses from people that were indignant that he criticized a Morey move.