1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scolalist, Apr 8, 2011.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

me 2 :)

2. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

@REDREDEMPTION,no its the other way around... McGee Is a poor mans DeAndre.

3. Raven

Raven Member

You could argue that no pro athlete should ever earn more than a social worker or teacher, but that's not how the world works. I think it's a safe bet that DeAndre Jordan gets a huge payday, much higher than 6m per, probably higher than 10m per. And if Les-More really want him, they better be prepared to open up the vault, because that's what it usually takes to get that type of player.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i doubt he'll get that 10m or more, Noah is way better.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

ur kidding right? d.jordan is athletic and block shots atleast. i do agree hes no where near tyson chandler. although hes alot better then jordan hill.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Lockout or not... This guy should be our TOP priority!! He would COMPLETELY change the entire dynamic of this team... BRING IN DeAndre!!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p51gvnVSFKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. pge71188

pge71188 Member

[​IMG]

JUST BRING IT!!! :cool:

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Both are restricted... One is from Houston ;)

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My cousin is good friends with DeAndre (they went to the same high school and played sports together, plus DeAndre dated his sister), and I was mentioning that it'd be great to see him in a Rockets uniform. My cousin said he has zero interest in coming to Houston. Apparently he really loves LA, he's also going to be playing with Blake Griffin. I can't say I blame him.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Good. Do not want him or the ridiculously overpaid price tag he would come with.

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I hate you...

12. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Meh, for what its worth, I saw him this weekend at the Five Guys in the Galleria and told him he should sign with the Rockets. He said "hopefully" he will. He was probably just being nice, but what can hope.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He's probably still pissed that the Rockets passed on him like they did Rashard Lewis. I know it's a business, but he's in a better situation with the Clippers.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I watched some DeAndre Jordan tape a few months ago. Made some notes to maybe break down some tape later, but never got to it.

Nothing special & for the most part rather obvious, but seeing this thread pop up, I thought I'd share anyway:

Strength:
    Freakishly Athletic
    Good Size
    Very Long
    Excellent shotbocker
    Good Rebounder
    Ability to move his feet
    Quickness
    Fit in an uptempo system
    Good hands
    Understands his role
    Still very young; just filling out his body; Upside/Potential
    Ambition to get better

Weaknesses:
    Basketball IQ
    Feel for the game / Awareness
    Poor Fundamentals (various flaws, but him not keeping the ball high probably standing out the most. ALWAYS brings it down)
    Gets lost on defense; poor man-to-man & pick roll defender, though the numbers might say otherwise
    Lacks toughness
    Playfulness/Lack of Seriousness
    Too eager to block shots; gets out of position
    Foul prone
    Poor Passer
    Doesn't have much of an offensive game
    Freethrow shooting
    Screen setting isn't great
    Background check question marks?
    Contract year, relatively small sample size
    Paying for upside
    Restricted Free Agent

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't shoot the messenger, the Rockets can provide him millions of reasons to change his mind. Like I said, I'd like to see him here.

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You know I'm just playin dawg..

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I do, I was just saying. Hopefully he changes his mind. :)

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Clippers will NOT mess up their chances of signing Blake Griffin longterm. Signing Deandre Jordan is a big part of that...

19. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

A question I have about DeAndre is will he continue to get better once he gets paid or will he just settle because he has the contract?

I really think the direction will be to trade for a center and let other teams over spend in free agency. You overspend in free agency, you get buyer's remorse more times than not. And most of the time it's realized after one year.

Most championship teams are built through trades and drafts. They sign free agents to fill in the gaps.

20. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Thats not entirely true. DeAndre may love playing in LA, but any other destination of choice for him would be Houston. When he was in HS his dream was to play for the Rockets. He also said just recently that he would be open to playing for his hometown. He knows he is restricted so his loyalty will lie with the Clips