1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan and Big Baby smoking weed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 3, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Interesting bc...

I've smoked and chilled with big baby a few times

And I'm going to Amsterdam the week after next.

2. ln3012

ln3012 Member

where do you work that your employer would be okay with a picture of you smoking weed all over the internet? doesn't matter if it's legal in Amsterdam. if my company prohibited the use of mar1juana and i tested positive on a drug test, would telling them it was in Amsterdam be a valid excuse?

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The NBA doesn't care. Players know ahead of time when they will get tested.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And clearly has you talking out of your @$$. There's no credible anything that supports your claims. Heck if I took a clean no ink piece of transparent paper lit it up and inhaled it directly that would still be bad. There's just something about inhaling combustibles directly that does no favors for your body. We take in enough from everyday life as it is but to push it further by smoking... :rolleyes:

5. Buck Turgidson

At least they weren't in Hamsterdam.

[​IMG]

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

But I thought that's the place to be? I heard it's the happening spot.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Probably best not to compare a regular 9-5 with a professional sports league.
    His 9-5 would have a problem with pictures of him smoking weed on the internet while on his vacation and they could act on it. A professional sports league can't and wont act on it because it's a "move along there's nothing to see here" issue.
    The players can't be tested and their teams aren't going to fire them(release them) for that and the league itself won't since it's the off-season and they aren't committing a crime or doing anything illegal in the city they are in.

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

NBA players smoke weed? Nooo, you're kidding?

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

With all due respect, **** your company. First they shouldn't have the right to drug test you unless the job is something like operating heavy machinary. If someone shows up at work drunk or high you won't need a drug test to figure it out.

What you do in your private life is just that private. Anyway, they are smoking weed and it is a legal act where they are. The NBA should be spending there time worrying about players on PED's rather than if they are getting high.

What do you want, the NBA to become the nanny state of sports?

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How is bringing a gun into a locker room and threatening a teammates comparable to smoking Weed in a country where it is legal?

Also since when is smoking mar1juana a moral issue? How is smoking mar1juana an immoral act?

The worst negative health effect from smoking mar1juana (other than smokig it reguarly from a young age, before the brain has fully developed), is from the act of inhaling smoke.

Let's be real, and this isn't a race thing because white people smoke weed at the same rate as black people, if the NBA went hard on players for using Weed, there wouldn't be a league.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rich players, pretty sure some of them will be doing weed lol.

12. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

If it's in your control
    contract companies have all the right to teSomeu. Some companies like to appear like they hire professionals and not teenagers. I'm sure many players smoke, that's not the main problem. The problem is it went public, should the Nba act on it,it only means they care for their appearance. They do wonders with Nba Cares campaigns.
    I can see that if killing/cannibalism was allowed in other countries, and so player went and acted on it, someone here would find a way to prove it enhances their basketball abilities.

13. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

If it's in your contract. Companies have all the right to drug test.**
    Sorry for that.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Read him again in context

shasta was correcting my incorrect statement that there were no morality clauses in NBA contracts.

I stand corrected....thats what I get for doing most of my study on the specifics of the CBA. I really did not remember anything about morality clauses, thansk for the info shasta

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I've got a great story about Lamar Odom and myself if anyone cares to go through my archives.

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Nope, you were one minute later.