1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dealing Lowry for expirings...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 18, 2010.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With the arrival of Ish Smith, and with the realization that the Rockets are not championship contenders, and probably looking at a "rebuild through the draft/free agency" situation, do you think Daryl might try to deal Lowry for an expiring before the trade deadline? How long until Lowry can be included in such a deal?

I really do believe that Ish Smith will be better than Kyle Lowry in nearly every facet of the game in a year's time, and he can be had at 1/10 the price.

What kind of free agents are we looking at in 2011?

Kendrick Perkins?
    Marc Gasol?
    Jeff Green?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dec 15th, but the downside of the not doing any extensions policy is that when you match a contract, you need that players approval to trade them, and they can not be traded for a full year to the team that signed them IE wanted them....Cleveland in this case.

DD

3. Htown's2kFinest

If Marc Gasol is a free agent next year he is definitely worth more than a look.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Exactly what I didn't want to hear...

So how long until we do not need Lowry's approval? 1 year?

I just can't see Daryl having that conversation.

That said, I bet Daryl is more disgusted than all of us, so maybe he would...

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He is restricted, but you gotta think that a small market (crappy) organization like Memphis might make it a possibility.

They already have Conley and Gay on HUGE deals. It is said that Randolph might get an extension next. No way they can afford all those guys. Still, Gasol is very unlikely. Would be a perfect big to put with Scola for the rest of time!

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Oh man, a Marc Gasol/Scola front court pairing would be outstanding.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Marc Gasol...??? Oh dude count me in.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i still think it's wayyy too early to think ish will make a solid back up in this league, BUT morey is definitely the type to get rid of a player on a bigger contract if he can replace him with a similar and cheaper player...

i've been on the gasol bandwagon for a while also...but too early to tell what'll happen there..

I wouldnt mind trading him for Delfino, bucks could use a back up PG bigger than boykins.

9. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

If Lowry was on the trading block.. I think he could do better than Exp.. I think Philly would be a nice landing spot, makin him the hometown kid..

Lowry, Hill and Battier.. for Iggy, Speights.. might be something that would interest Philly..

Brooks/Ish
    Martin/Lee
    Iggy/Bud/Jefferies
    Scola/Speights/Hayes
    Yao/Miller

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I hear the Hornets are looking for a backup PG after trading Collison away.

Ariza for Lowry? :grin:

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Cause of me?

[​IMG]

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

YES! ISH THE DISH! :grin:

13. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Lowry wants to be a starter more than he wants to be a Rocket. He made that clear this summer.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That is never going to happen, but yes, I know what you mean... :)

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Lowry is traded, I would think Philly would be in play.

16. DaDakota

The irony is, that he is a starter, if he would take the reigns and play well, he might force the coaches into a difficult decision once AB comes back.

However, he is making their choice seem like they were right all along.

He is looking like what I think he is....a 20mpg, all out, hustle and energy guy, that can not sustain that as a starter, and is not good enough to play as one, his flaws get exposed.

DD

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Too bad that didn't happen before he signed his fat contract. I still hope he can prove you wrong to some extent, though. The team needs it, otherwise the hole we are digging will be too deep to get out of and make the playoffs.

18. DaDakota

Me too....and he is not stupid, he sees what Ish is doing out there.......in the last pregame huddle Ish was in the middle laughing joking, and Lowry came in on the outside....might not mean anything but body language, and the way folks act towards each other is usually a big tell about how they are feeling.

Something to look for....if you want....

19. PeppermintCandy

I'm amazed at how quickly some posters have soured on Lowry this season. The contempt is almost Rafer-esque.

Well, maybe the pendulum will swing back in a month or two.

20. DaDakota

No one has soured on him, just want him to be able to go back into a role in which he can be successful and help the team win.

His confidence has to be shaken lately as well, we need him strong and ferocious.....not afraid of anything....and right now, he is afraid to shoot.

As we struggle, I would rather him take the wide open shots......he has to shoot to keep the D honest......

DD