1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal Dead or Dying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Dec 8, 2011.

1. SupermoochieFro

I'm not a NOH fan at all but gotta admit it's really messed up for this to happen. They played by the rules and got the best deal for them and now they'll probably have to take a lesser deal just to get something before their franchise player leaves. :confused:

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Now New Orleans will have no option but to trade CP3 to Houston for scrubs. Morey planned this all along.

[​IMG]

3. RocketFan#1

RocketFan#1 Member

Hey Fellow fans. Just joined the Board. Looks like an exciting night for news. I thought we were giving up a bit much for Gasol, but who knows what else Daryl had in mind?

4. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

THANK YOU BASED STERN!!!!

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Yeah damn him for wanting to be on a team that is allowed to spend money and win championships

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think the deal had potential, keeping in mind that the details of these multi-team reported deals are rarely 100% accurate before they go thru. Usually they miss some role player(s) and draft picks or other considerations are inaccurate.

Interesting comment by Hollinger on ESPN:

@johnhollinger John Hollinger
    Lakers would have had no bench, no frontcourt, and virtually no chance at Dwight Howard. Houston, if Nene came, was potential top seed.
    28 minutes ago

7. dsid411

dsid411 Member

At least we don't have Gasol, he's gross, no heart, cry baby, Kobe doesn't even want him THANK GOD WE'RE NOT GETTING HIM!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nah. The "League" would kill it.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

You seriously think this is about the money?! :rolleyes:

That's just an excuse to veto the trade. Can you say conflict of interest?

10. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

Hey we got scola martin and the picks you want. Trade cp3 to the rockets. Cut the lakers out!!!! Morey is the man!

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Same team minus chuck

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Morey was about to fleece the Hornets so bad with this trade, that the NBA had to step in and declare a TKO. Morey's legend will only grow.

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Bunch of clowns. I mean the team owners and front offices and those who treat players as commodities.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It was actually a good deal for everyone except the Rockets maybe. I dont see how they can stop the trade. Its definitely very sketchy stuff happening here. I hate corruption more than almost anything. This is corruption. I dont even like the deal but the league getting in our business is unacceptable.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wow.

Mulligan.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

It sucks that new orleans is the only team the nba owns

17. TheresTheDagger

Big IF there but shows why this trade was a good one for Houston.

The NBA....where crappy league management happens.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wojo:
    [rquoter]“The owners half-pushed this, and Stern took it the rest of the way,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports. “In the end, David didn’t like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go, like Carmelo [Anthony] had, and he wasn’t going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go.”[/rquoter]

19. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Put it this way, the trade was HORRIBLE for us. Scola would've been enough, but to give up Martin AND a 1st round pick for a half hearted over the hill center in Gasol was WAY too much. I get we want a superstar, but 1) but why trade two of you're most consistent starters for ONE player (who's 30 plus) 2) Gasol could NEVER carry a young team 3) Chase is NOT ready to start at SF

It seems Rocket fans are DELUSIONAL when it comes to Morey
    The guys been selling you the same dream for 3 years.

20. H-Town Rockets Guy

Oh wow.. I thought we gave up way too much on this proposed deal for Gasol. He is not a super star but a very good complimentary player but he makes 57 million over the next 3 years. To spend that kinda money and lose the flexibility to spend in the coming years is not smart. The league released a statement saying they vetoed this deal because of basketball reasons. Which means the big market teams stealing star players from small market teams are over? So chris paul cannot be traded to NY either? Can the Rockets try to swing a deal for Chris Paul directly with New Orleans? With this deal dead, Rockets caught a big break in my opinion because we gave up way too much.