1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal Dead or Dying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His agents told New Jersey he wants to be traded there.

DD

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

and honestly.. that's fine with me (though I'd rather everyone had a chance at him) I just don't want Dwight in LA... that was my worst nightmare

3. joesr

joesr Member

Miami hasnt done anything special. I really care less where a star goes

4. luhbron

luhbron Member

You guys are mad at Stern? How dumb are you?

He is clearly looking out for best interests of all owners. This trade would've made LA a superpower. Plus, they would still have Bynum who could be flipped for Howard or perhaps they could find a way to just sign D12 in free agency next year. You know Dwight would do anything it takes to play with Kobe and CP3. Stern saved us from another decade Laker dominance.

Do you realize how much interest the Miami superteam created for the NBA? A CP3 and Kobe backcourt in LA wouldve magnified that interest 10x. Don't even get me started on how profitable they would be if they got Howard. LeBron+Wade+Bosh vs. Kobe+CP3+Howard? Who is going to miss that game??

He just sacrificed hundreds of millions in potential revenues to keep the league competitive you ungrateful bastards.

5. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

6. Hayesfan

Kobe and Chris Paul does not equal a superpower... I'm sorry, but this trade being killed was not worth the crap it's going to cause for the NBA.

Parity isn't something that you can regulate... you just can't. Not in the NBA, not in MLB or heck even in the NFL

Life is what it is.. the rich get richer and the poor do their best to stay afloat. That's life.. and killing this deal after three teams likely spent 100s of hours making it killed the trade/free agency of this already annoying season.

7. luhbron

luhbron Member

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's funny how everyone here would be laughing at the Lakers, and supporting Dan Gilbert right now if this trade involved the Trailblazers, or the Nuggets in Houston's place.

9. Hayesfan

Don't put us all in the same bucket please..

and thank you :)

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Horse****. This is the worst commissioner decision I have seen in my lifetime. I would be calling for Stern's resignation over this no matter what teams were involved. Clutchfans members aren't so dumb that they can't see all the complications/inappropriateness of this.

11. luhbron

luhbron Member

OK even if kobe and cp3 arent a superpower, LA still saves a ****load of money and still have assets for Dwight. They'll get a huge exception and maybe find another team to help them along the way like the Rockets are doing. This isnt all an accident. The pieces are put together for them to get Dwight and we know D12 wants to be there. is kobe, paul and dwight a superpower to you?

I know parity can't be regulated, but you don't have to encourage the disparity.

12. pacmania

pacmania Member

The problem is NBA, the regulator, and NBA, the team owner, are in a conflict of interest position. NBA, the team owner, theoretically has an obligation to its stakeholders to find the best deal possible for Chris Paul under the circumstances because they will be left with a big void when his contract expires. Assuming NBA, the regulator, acted accordingly...can you honestly say that NBA, the team owner, did what was best for the team? As mentioned earlier, to avoid this conflict of interest position the league appointed an independent caretaker so NBA, the team owner, would be independent from NBA, the regulator . David Stern could have easily said that they will not interfere with NBA, the team owner, because it is independent.

13. Broford

Broford Member

Scola, Martin, and Odom make a combined $30 million, and none of them have ever been to an All-Star game. None of them are a difference-maker, and none of them will sell tickets.

Chris Paul costs $16 million, and is a highly sought-after franchise player. At worst, he can still be traded for cheap prospects and salary relief, making the team a cheap option to any potential buyers.

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

The same can be said of Scola, Martin and Odom they can also be traded for cheaper prospects as well.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

All I'm saying is you would be the in the minority. The majority would be laughing and posting pics of Stern laying the smack down.

16. pacmania

pacmania Member

David Stern is the new Vince Mcmahon

17. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

18. BreakYoSelfFool

I didnt like this trade from the Rockets end, but there is no way the league should be able to block it. It was actually way better than any trade for a superstar has ever been in my opinion. The Hornets made out like bandits.

For Shaq, the Lakers got Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant and a first......

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Keep the league competitive? Look, I'm really happy this deal got nipped in the bud, but how do you kill this deal but let Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol happen?

The Hornets got screwed. Hard. Paul is walking away in 66 games. What are the Hornets going to have to show for it?

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

@EyeOnBasketball Eye on Basketball
    Report: Rockets/Lakers/Hornets (?) will appeal Chris Paul trade block. tinyurl.com/7378y5h A way out of a bad situation for the NBA.