1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadline Fallout] Buy-outs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by val_modus, Feb 23, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe we can bring in Ben Wallace while we're at it.

#281 xtruroyaltyx, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    DonKnock and elmotsangtt like this.
  2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

3. Chamillionaire

*uck him. Never wanted you in the first place.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Sanders is still out there

DonKnock, Chamillionaire and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not with a busted thumb. And he is really streaky, people seem to have amnesia from when he was in Houston.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Didn't think he was coming here. He said he didn't think D'Antoni's system fit with him. He will probably get hurt anyway. **** that guy. Let's get Casspi and maybe give Sanders a look. I don't think Sanders would give us too much this year. He's been out of basketball so long and he has a felony charge he has to deal with from last June. Capela has been playing pretty damn good in Feb also.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

His 3pt% has also vastly improved since he was in Houston before. He's been shooting 40% since then. We just need him to fill in the role that Brewer was playing if he can get healthy before April.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The rotation is full.

Lou Williams is taking Brewers minutes and some.

9. Progs

Progs Member

t would of been nice since it appears the Rockets will face the Grizzlies in the 1st rd as of today.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Can we not sign TJ? I really think he'd thrive in MDA's system. I don't think he'd get heavy minutes, but just as a backup for our thin front court. I'm not a fan of Sully or Sanders - I think preference would be to have a guy that's actually competitively played in the NBA in 2016/17.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A team Bo-butt selected Ovrt TheGoodGuys. That's why I do not expect him finding his way to TheToyShop.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I've been wanting clarity on him for the last two seasons. I suspect he would be a good p/u. But, it's not based on the eye test.

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Espn's Kevin Pelton wrote about Andray Blatche playing in the NBA a few weeks ago:

BigMaloe and raining threes like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I kinda like the idea of signing Casspi. At this point I think it's unlikely to find someone that will be able to come in and replace a player that's already in the rotation. If Ariza or Dekker get injured then we really don't have someone to plug into that spot. Casspi would be some nice insurance to have for the playoffs in my opinion.

DonKnock and fattz like this.
  15. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Member

I thought he broke his thumb in the game against us, did he get waived because of that?

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, the Pels are waiving him after he broke his thumb. He should be ready to play for the playoffs though.

17. dwhite

dwhite Member

Casspi is one of the worst players to ever play for the Rockets.....how soon we forget. Thank goodness Morey has the intelligence some of the posters are definitely missing. He is busy going after players like Sullinger and Fredette.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doubt it. Not playing for weeks especially at the end of the year and even before he got hurt didn't play much at all. Rather have someone who is actually playing, not someone who is trying to get back in rythym and that won't happen in the playoffs

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

GM Lebron gets whoever he wants.

20. rockets13champs

As we thought would happen... Lets wait for a few more days to see Buyout situations in PHX maybe with Tyson, but i severely doubt that as well. Tiago Splitter probably the only dude left