1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deadliest Catch (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dskillz, Mar 28, 2006.

1. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Not sure how many people looked at the first season, but the second season starts tonight at 8 on Discovery. Basically they put camera crews on ships in the Bering Sea out getting crab. That has been called the most dangerous job in the world, so the shows are anything but boring. Check out the website:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/deadliestcatch.html

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Show isn't bad.

However, all I can imagine is, how bad all those guys must smell and Im forced to change the channel.

3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Watching it right now, saw how there was only one survivor from The Big Valley and he's about to talk about what happened when the ship went down. Its crazy I mean the money is good, but those guys put themselves into some real danger. One survivor out of a crew of six, its just crazy.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How is this show still on? I just saw a commercial for the new season and it looks like they are going to find a way to feature Phil again using old footage.

NotInMyHouse and Xerobull like this.
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird, I quit watching when Phil died. I couldn't finish the episode for when he died. After that I just didn't want to watch those guys anymore. I had no idea it was still going on.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I like catching it from time to time...but it really comes down to every single episode being exactly like every other episode. Don't understand how Sig found his way back on the boat after his second heart attack. And he continued to choke down those cancer sticks.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I watched every season until I gave up AT&T cable last August or so. I may go back and catch up on what's been going on since then, but every episode is pretty much the same thing, so.... yeah. lol.

boomboom likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There are several off-shoot shows of it. Like there are shows about each captain and their history. Maybe you saw a commercial for that? I don't know, but it wouldn't be surprising if they featured Phil again somehow. lol.

9. boomboom

Supporting Member

Most of the shows are semi-scripted or heavily edited...and are usually very repetitive in their subject tasks. I find myself being drawn in more by the personalities and personal interactions rather than the actual tasks they're doing (see DC, Gold Rush, Oak Island, American Pickers, Swamp People).

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was more drawn in by the fact I had no idea about the industry and how it operated. Then I got drawn in by the personalities. The actual "stuff" they do is so damn repetitious, it's clownish at times. I watch a lot of these shows just to learn more about what people do for a living and how they do it. lol. Like I binge-watched the entire Mountain Men series, I love American Pickers, love car restoration shows like Counting Cars, Chasing Classic Cars, FantomWorks (which is, sadly, gone), etc. And oh my God, I have no idea why I watched the most repetitive letdown show ever : The Curse of Oak Island, other than to catch maybe some neat history tidbit. After I gave up cable in favor of YouTube TV, Philo, etc, I've found I don't watch those shows anymore. Time to access the video-on-demand and start watching again. lol.

11. boomboom

Supporting Member

lol @Dr of Dunk ...perfect description of how these shows get you hooked.

Never did a lot of Dirty Jobs watching in the past...but got hooked a few weekends ago. Mike Rowe is so funny and does a great job explaining how so many of the unique jobs he covers are actually performed.