1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Big adventure (with Pics)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well gang, as many of you know I live in Austin and only make a couple of games a year at best. Inspired by Dave2000's suite and a chance to get down to Houston and see something historic regarding our team, I decided to go to the NJ Nets game.

I got a call from my old College roomate who said he had an extra suite ticket (so I didn't have to pay - and overall I am a cheap bastage) so, away I went.

I left Austin in the pouring rain, with my wife and kids kisses still drying on my lips and her words ringing in my ears "Are you sure you should go? It is coming down pretty hard out there, and be careful"

Of course I have to go honey, my Rockets need me, and I get to meet some of my internet pals.....

I arrive in Houston at about 5:15pm and head over to Live Sports cafe on Main street, where I meet up with Krossover, Dave2000, Naismith, Miguel, Lurker, Moes, Finalsbound, Kam, Master Baiter, and a few others.

When my college roomate gets there, he was like,....wtf???? How did you get so many friends at the bar all of the sudden....????

We all had a beer or two, or in Naismith's case a couple of mixed beverages.....etc....and we headed off to the TC. It turns out the the CF.net suite was only 2 down from the Dell corporate one, and actually the CF.net one was a little bit closer to center court.

Here is a view from the suite, pre game.

[​IMG]

And two down to the right was the CF.net one, pictured here:

[​IMG]

Well the game started and the Rockets were flat out killing the Nets (as expected) and I was back and forth between my buddies suite and the Clutchfans suite. Needless to say, one was a lot more boisterous and exciting then the other.

The RPD's came up and I had to get a picture with them, which I promptly texted to my wife....

[​IMG]

During the 2nd quarter, the owner of the suite I was in said he had some courtside seats and wanted to know if I wanted to use tham after half time...

WTF??? Courtside you say? Holy crap, look at the price of that ticket.

[​IMG]

So, I pick up my cocktail and head on down to the court, and lo and behold I am on the Rockets end, for the entire 2nd half.

Here are my feet and the end line and 3pt line, this is how close I was to the court.

[​IMG]

The Rockets continued to roll and Luis was huge and totally banging people around, he wanted the ball, he got the ball. Look at the Passion Assasin snatching that ball.....19-0 with him as the starting PF, it is no coincidence.

[​IMG]

2. DaDakota

Supporting Member

continued.......

I was so close to the action I could reach out and touch the players. Here is Rafer getting ready to make the back cut. What is that smell, did he just fart?

;)

[​IMG]

At one point I was taking photos with my Iphone and Tmac came down and saw that I was shooting and he said "Hey look at me !"

[​IMG]

We were all cracking up, I was screaming at Boki...going...."Come back Bostjan, we fired JVG, you know"...and he looked over and smiled at me.

And at one point Shane was right in front of me, and his defender turned his head to watch the ball, and I yelled out "Now is the time to make that backdoor cut Shane".......Tmac shot it, and I said to Shane "JJ Reddick would have made that cut Battier"...and he turned pointed and smiled at me nodding his head.

During a break in the action, I got up and got a couple of shots of me on the floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another one of Tmac inbounding the ball right next to me.

[​IMG]

It was an amazing adventure and one I will always remember....made more fun by getting to meet some of the incredible people that make up the internet's best community at Clutchfans.com/net.

I then drove back to Austin arriving at about 1am, no rain..whew.

I had a blast, and look forward to the next adventure, but the best thing is that my 2 boys saw me on TV and I am passing the torch onto the next generation of Rockets fans. You just have to love young Rocket fans that look like this:

[​IMG]

What an amazing night, and thanks especially to Clutch for making it even more enjoyable by having this great site where all of us passionate fans can share our experiences.

Sorry about the photo quality, it is taken with the I-phone. And I didn't want to include pictures of other CFnetters I took in case they didn't want them published.

I had the most fun I have had in months, and it was mostly because I got to meet so many cool fans that share the same passion as I do....YOU GUYS ROCK !!!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy.

DD

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Wow. Great Stuff. You look like you haven't aged a bit Dada. Since I saw you anyway.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD,

you want to plan an Austin Lakers vs Rox watching event?
    Third Base?

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hmmmmm that sounds like a pretty good idea, the game is in the afternoon, right?

I have a system of avoiding wrinkles by just stretching them out with fat.

:D

DD

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Good pics...

...but my neck hurts. :p

7. kona-

kona- Member

DD you better take me next time!!! Awesome pics!

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How much was the ticket? I had a hard time reading that ticket. Oh and you looked a lot different than what I thought you would look like. (computer nerd type)

910? WOW WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I wonder if I can rotate the images at photobucket...

DD

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Dude great post!! That Tracy pic was classic! We need a "Let see your little Rockets fans" thread.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn, didn't know you guys were that close.

:p

Nice pics DaDa, we saw you down there with your iPhone out.

Lucky b*stard. ;)

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

A group headed there for sure, tinman?

Awesome DD, you big (very big ;) ) kid.

As for your boys, your wife must be stunning... ;)

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Nothing ever gets past moe.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD,

Was McGrady really reacting to you taking pictures?

If so, that is funnnny.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they closed? i know that Ringers closed too.

edit:
    ok, i got the joke :) I know they closed Ringers the other sports bar ;)

#15 tinman, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes, he was, I was pretty much the only guy on the floor getting totally excited......yelling and having a blast etc.....Deke pointed at me laughing at one point...and I wagged the finger back at him.

Here is our newest Rocket Mike Harris - he is built like a friggen steam roller. And yes, that is my foot at the bottom of the picture.....lol

[​IMG]

Cohen, you said it brother.

And I have edited all the pictures to where they should be right side up now.

DD

17. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

So this is what the #1 Rocket fanatic looks like. :D Nice pics!!!

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Me make joke. :p

Here's me and DaDa before the game at Live...

[​IMG]

We entered right when a contest broke out to see if everyone there combined could match the amount of posts he has. :D

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

TMac and Shane seemed to be really cool guys! Great pics and thanks for sharing it with us!

20. danny317

danny317 Member

jealous!

great pics!

gotta love the rpd!