1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Cinema] Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Not to get political, but I don't get the hate for Israel. I grew up with jewish folk. They are good people and are typically liberal!

PM me on this. I certainly don't want to derail this post, and I also think you're a good guy.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was concerned about that too at first. I read a lot of crap about "strong female" in their reviews. Hollywood has always been more than willing to push a social agenda

But 97% with 76 reviews in is a pretty damn stout number. It may not be historically great like that number would suggest, but it's pretty much a lock to be at least pretty good. I was likely gonna see it regardless, I see pretty much all of the superhero movies. But now I'm actually excited about it.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Didn't Dawn of Justice have similar early reviews? It was total ****.

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I remember the early reviews for BvS being pretty bad. I saw it opening night and I recall not looking forward to it due to all the poor reviews.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No it had good word of mouth from the first screening, but the reviews were resoundingly bad almost from the jump.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Natalie Portman is also Israeli

Kendrick Lamar, hvic and Bandwagoner like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

I couldn't see the invisible jet in the trailer. The Director nailed it.

OmegaSupreme, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No, the reviews bottomed out intensely almost immediately. This looks like a winner, I was cautiously optimistic but didn't think it would work out due to DCs recent track record and Gadot not seeming like much of an actress during BvS. I'm glad I was incorrect. Good directors make good movies.

Now if they can just ditch Snyder forever, and Fox can get rid of Bryan Singer all will be right in the world.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I are going to go tonight, I've steered clear of reviews outside of hearing they've been positive across the board.

Patty Jenkins is a different style director than Synder plus I think the setting and Gadot help it. Gadot was one of the few things a lot of people liked about BVS..

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I honestly thought they were going to f**k this up but it looks really good. I definitely want to see it.

#51 Surfguy, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

It looks like the buzz is legit and this movie is going to be huge. I can't wait to see it myself.

On a side note, I didn't think BvS was horrible. I didn't read all the hate on it. I just heard in general people were trashing it. Saw the movie at home, and thought outside of the "Martha" moment and a couple other WTF moments for me, I liked it. The WW appearance was insanely epic, and can totally see people applauding/cheering/etc in the theatres when that happened.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was really hoping WW would stabilize at 95%. I'm guessing it'll be around 90% when all the reviews are in.

Regardless, going to see this opening weekend.

14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Oh my God. This movie could be GOAT before we are all said and done. It was spectacular, beautiful and inspiring. The message was amazing.

I went in with ZERO expectations and I was floored. The theater was silent walking out in awe.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I liked it. It has its flaws, especially the villain, but Gal Gadot is so damn likable in this. the relationship with her and Pine is the heart of the film. 4/5 IMO.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This movie deserves all of the praise it's getting. The villain looked badass.

Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman.

Wish there were more scenes of Themyscira.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is she with her dialogue in this movie? Did she get better?

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm sure the movie is good, but let's calm down with the hyperbole, yeah?

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Crappy at times, but not awful. It's convincing enough within the story. I agree with the flawed, but good camp. The action is much more pleasing to watch than MoS.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I saw it last night. Thought they really nailed the character. Action, comedy and even some actual emotion are all accounted for with none of it feeling forced.

Gal Gadot is just magnetic, she gets the right balance of strength, compassion and innocence perfectly. I was really surprised at how well Chis Pine came off, they both have great chemistry with each other. I thought the action was well done, even though I thought they could have held back on the slow mo a bit. The villian's were a bit bland for my taste and the third act is like every other third act in a superhero movie, a big CG battle.

Overall, I thought it was a lot of fun, can't wait to see it again.

A-

[​IMG]

RocketWalta likes this.