1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DB on Alperen: "His offense is always there. His defense is here and there..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 14, 2024.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I went one step better. I gave them all a ring, but for some reason, none of them would take my call :D

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

They have "decency" problem then. What is the reason to be HC/GM/Owner if you don't reply a fan?

plegus and eliefor3 like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Udoka, Brooks, and FVV are giving Şengün tough love because they believe in him.

They don’t mention Jalen because there is no one thing he can change to become a star. Jalen is irrelevant unless he makes a quantum leap across the board. It would be like telling Hasheem Thabeet to improve his jump shot. Kind of pointless.

maypk and MystikArkitect like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Fred came out and said Jalen is making a lot of winning plays and how proud of him he is. Which is kinda like when your 5 year old brings a shitty drawing from art class and you put it on the refrigerator so he feels good about himself.

maypk likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I’m tired of you quoting me with your coping.

I’d like you to know that I’m petitioning the NBA hall of fame to demand that Sengun be named not only a HOFer in his third season, he also be named the greatest defensive player to have ever lived, as well as inquiring about the possibility of several statues being erected around every arena. Nothing less will do for the only perfect defender to have ever existed.

eliefor3 likes this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Again you're trying to make this into "Sengun only fan angry at criticism" and its not that but thats all you have so you keep changing the argument. My valid argument here as a guy who doesnt hate Jalen and I love Dillon is that Segun has been our most consistent guy not only offensively but by the numbers he's top 3 defensively as well and top 2 in the starting line up. My anger here is that I dont see the other guys who struggle way more than he does and who were picked higher than him get talked to like this. This is a legitimate concern that anyone who follows this team should have. We're wasting time focusing on the wrong ****ing things. Just like last year and Sengun is the only one who really improved.

7. Ancient Moabite

Do even one more better, pull up to their company office or make a Antonio Montana home visit and iron it out ASAP

jim1961 likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

Damn, I was hoping for a Scarface pic reply, but jack the joker will suffice

10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I’m not the one making this into anything Broseph. Take a deep breath. Sengun can withstand milquetoast critiques I promise, stop crying about it.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not a concern to me, because Sengun says is likes it, and asks for it…he’s said this multiple times…

this is from yesterday

plegus, burlesk, OremLK and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

All works and no plays makes Jack a dull boy

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Sengun is a great guy he will say stuff like that (He even said nice things about Silas when SIlas was treating him like ****) but if we are going to do that to him the others should get it more. Its not worried about Senguns feelings and I think thats the assumption with the concern here. The other guys should be developed like Sengun. Jalen should receive even more pressure. He's playing like ass.

#113 Joe Rocket, Jan 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Another Fallacy. SMH I said nothing about Sengun's feelings lol Why do you even post here you're posts are hollow and mean nothing lol You have no valid points at all just fallacies and taunting lol

15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I post here because the Houston Rockets are my favorite team ever. It’s not me either bud. It’s not you. It’s not Jalen. It’s not Dillon.

Are you ready for it?

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He is the team superstar that's why. This year he is the guy and he has deserved it though his play. But you know what happens when you are the star of the team and the one that the team is advertising for the all star game? You get more scrutiny. It's a good thing not a bad thing. They are trying to push him to reach the potential they see in him and they feel like he can handle it.
    You know why others are not being called out like that? Bc they are not as good as him right now and the team does not value them as much.

Dankstronaut likes this.