1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dawson leaving?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 13, 2006.

1. dream2franchise

Mike Khan from foxsports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5408720

2. Item: Yao Ming returned from toe surgery on Jan. 30, and the Houston Rockets lost to Memphis in his first game back. But from that point on they have been 14-5, including Sunday's 88-81 loss at San Antonio.

What this really means: The Rockets are only three games out of the playoffs despite the chronic absence of All-Star Tracy McGrady, and Yao is the reason. For all the criticism the 7-6 center has received in his four NBA season, the 25-year-old Yao is having a dominant season — averaging 21.5 points, 10.1 rebounds and 1.71 blocks. Since returning from the surgery, he has scored in double-figures in 19 of the 20 games, and has had double-doubles in 14 of those 20. The past 10 games have been the most dominant in his career — averaging 27.5 points, 13.3 rebounds and 2.4 blocks.

So, all of you critics calling him soft and overrated, name another center putting up numbers comparable to those. Meanwhile, the tenuous status of McGrady's back remains a huge question mark for the future of the franchise. With Carroll Dawson figuring to step down as general manager after this season, it now looks like Kiki Vandeweghe has moved into position to jump there from Denver after the season. It also says they can build around Yao and check McGrady's market value to retool a team that Jeff Van Gundy is comfortable coaching

Anybody hear of this or is this guy just making stuff up? BTW love the props for Yao, media starting to turn around finally.

2. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

he is the worst GM right now, please go, go go

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Enough of finding a team JVG is comfortable coaching - maybe it is time we find a coach that is comfortable coaching anyone, period. He is a good coach but I am begining to have my doubts........I do not see any dynamism not even on the vaunted defensive end. But the problem is this - who can we get to replace JVG if need be? This is where I have a problem with the fire him crew....

On CD, well what can I say....I suspect this is just speculation but assuming it comes to fruition....then best of luck to him. Kiki? Is he not the person that drafted Skitishvili? And also wanted to trade up to get The great Darko? o thanks.

4. Fegwu

Oh let me add, we will not win next season regardless of who is coach or GM is Clyde Drexler is retained. We are cursed because of him and the sooner he leaves us alone the better. The Cougs have not recorvered from his anti-midas touch yet.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

sounds like made up BS

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Darko will be great, mark my words!

7. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Please leave CD.
    Anyone who keeps wesley and juwan around this long needs to go.

8. Fegwu

You always make sound point so I guess you may be right on this one again.

We shall see but looks to me like a guy who does not have the intestinal fortitude to be great. Kiki V. worries me though as a potential GM (speculation or not).

9. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

finally.

as soon as we get better players, we will win. it's not the coach.

sacramento was ready to fire Rick, but just by adding artest, they are in the playoffs!

on the other hand, fakers with Phil are barely above .500. Also what happened to championship caliber Larry? GM to blame there?

Get better players or continue losing.

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I'll gladly take Kiki if CD leaves. However, we don't have a lot of assets. Hack, scratch that, we don't have assets.

11. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

How about Rudy T?

12. dream2franchise

And thats the thing that scares me. We have nothing, no talent worth trading for, no big expiring contracts to trade for a high paid player. And while i don't agree with us tanking and i'm glad we're not--our draft pick doesn't look to be too high either.

Any prospective GM's want to have a crack?

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Kiki? The same guy who signed KMart for $100 mil. after his surgery, right? How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? What we really needed was Bryan Colangelo, but too bad he already bolted for Toronto of all places. If we are gonna get Kiki, we might just well let CD stay. Make him stay!!!

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I call BS on that whole article.

I don't know how anyone can think CD is the worst GM in NBA. I think he is one of the best. Constantly being able to trade for superstars (Clyde, Charles, Quitten, Francis, Tmac). Sure he has made some bad signings, but I think he has learned from that.

We are seriously screwed if Tmac's back doesn't hold up. :(

15. insane man

insane man Member

anyone who says this knows nothing about how the rockets management works.

CD is not the typical GM. he isn't isiah in terms of what he can do. CD does whatever JVG wants him to do. JVG has the ultimate say on all basketball matters just like rudy did.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

CD is just JVG's puppet.

Even a puppet can take the humilitation so far.....

Bye bye CD and then bye bye JVG.

I wish we got Colagenlo instead of Toronto.

17. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

That's the problem. We need a GM who <b>isn't</b> on crack.

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Is Kiki the guy that makes Dirk Floppiski a superstar?

19. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

The first thing they should do is fire JVG!!

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We could trade Tracy McGrady + Stromile Swift

for Rashard Lewis + Ray Allen.

Just a thought.