1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Davis Mills - From not to hot

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 19, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

2 TDs, but that doesn’t matter. His movement ability was there. That entire drive. You guys keep saying he doesn’t have ability but what do you want to see?
    He throws a couple nice deep balls, escapes pressure, shows some movement on a designed rollout. Almost every time they have opened up the offense he’s done ok.

Frank Drebin likes this.
  2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of arm talent .. needs to be trained. I think this is where having Pep Hamilton on staff will prove significant for 2nd season of Mills.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Garbage time or not, there was some nice throws off schedule and on schedule in the 4th. Yes against back ups, but that’s about the talent level of the Texans

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Shhh, you can’t compliment Mills. The trolls and Watson fanboys will come out quick.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He needs time before anyone can judge him with this team, which consists of no star wide receivers, running backs, or a
    coach that is a proven winner. He has been thrown to the wolves in the worst case scenario any rookie could be put in. Watson at least had Clowney, Watt, Fuller, and Hopkins. What does Mills have in comparison? Prove me wrong, but I'd say the kid can't be judged with this BS. Even our coach is a rookie.

#445 deb4rockets, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    TheFreak and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We got dumpster on and u r defending a mediocre qb that stat pad during garbage time.

I honestly seen enough, bring back Taylor and draft another qb

JamesC and Fulgore like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

8. Buck Turgidson

So you're saying we need to wait and judge him on a totally different team

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Did he not have some nice plays?
    Tyrod is boo boo, he beat up on the second worst team in the league and you dudes act like he’s football Jesus.
    He’s a great back up. Mills has way more than potential, but you idiots like to not give the least experienced person on the team a chance.
    Maybe you want to be touched by Watson and don’t want to see him go.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No. I'm not saying that at all. Let's get a QB for less than we are paying Watson........which should be easy, and let Mills develop. We are wasting 40 million on a stalker creeper ******* who screws this team 4 months after signing for the big bucks.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow that’s the best you can do is bring up sexual things about Watson and call ppl idiots lol. You should start a Davis Mills fan club. Guy can throw 10 picks and you’ll still be here saying he’s the future. It’s comical at this point.

DatRocketFan and mario_v like this.
  12. conquistador#11

If today was his last start, his total would be
    7 TDs 8 ints with an 80 rating
    I'd give him a C- and tied for 2nd in his class.
    Mac, Trevor and Mills.

I feel every rookie qb needs the Jags or Texans to stat pad against for a confidence booster.

Nook, Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You can be the leader of the Watson fan club, weekly anal massages.

Just say why you don’t like Mills. Couldn’t be more obvious, you specifically haven’t given him a shot ever, since drafted. But wanting any random black QB is right up your alley.

Nook likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Let's get a QB for less than we are paying Watson........which should be easy, and let Mills develop. We are wasting 40 million on a stalker creeper ******* who screws this team 4 months after signing for the big bucks. Right now we have no star wide receivers, no star running backs, a rookie head coach, and a rich kid inheritance owner who are all the potent killers for a rookie with barely any games since high school being thrown into a nightmare situation.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmaooooo like I said pitiful. You have no clue what race anybody is on here but if they support Watson they have to be black right? Lol. Wake me up when Mills is 10% the qb Watson is

DatRocketFan and mario_v like this.
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Plenty of things to **** on the Texans about, but Mills really isn’t one of them. He’s one of the very few bright spots all things considered. Of course he needs work, but considering what he has to work with, for an inexperienced third round pick who was basically thrown to the wolves, I respect the guy a lot.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wake me up when Mills is half the rapist Watson is

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I said let Tyrod take over and u bring up Watson? Like is that your defense everytime someone thinks mills is mediocre? U r quite pathetic.

An opinion to go find another qb is not a support for Watson dumbass. We r not gonna win anything with mills.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol yep once again you can’t talk about on the field. Has DW4 been found guilty of rape? Interesting you calling him that without a conviction. Maybe Mills will throw a td when the game actually matters next week. Asking a lot but we will see lol.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We are not going to win anything with Tyrod, he’s a good dude but he is what he is. A limited back up.

Nook likes this.