1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Wesley gives major props to "Red Alert" fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think you might get a kick out of this. The Rockets say this was not staged or prompted, but David Wesley gave a shout out to the loud Red Alert fans in his postgame interview with Gene Petersen. Pretty cool video ...

http://images.clutchfans.com/stuff/wesley_red_alert.wmv

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hey, even if it WERE staged, it's still rad. Awesome job, guys... it sure was loud at the Indiana game.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The fans were FREAKIN' AWESOME the last game, it was like a damn playoff game, only louder :eek:

Props to you guys, man this idea is going to TAKE OFF and should be continued by the Rox organization at all costs if it means restoring the homecourt advantage...it sure did help our rally the last game. :cool:

I suggested to K-Dawg to offer discounted season-tickets in the Red Alert section starting next season so as to have those interested in being rowdy every single game (and those who can afford season tickets) to plan ahead and be present for every game. In fact, if this idea becomes more prevelant and more and more fans learn about it, there will probably be people who are interested in being in this section who aren't from Clutchfans...it's a win-win for the Rockets and most importantly our soldiers on the court.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I agree - Red Alert season packages would (will) be phenomonal.

6. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

only if they are given at a big time reduced rate considering the Rockets marketing team will escot large groups of rowdy fans from high seats to lower seats at every game for no extra charge and tell them if they come again to call the marketing department so they can re-locate them the next time they come for free as well. Not to mention the free tickets they give away to anyone who will be rowdy. It is amazing what you can overhear in the bathroom at a rockets game.

7. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

Damn I need to move to Houston, you guys are having so much fun!!!

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

K-Dawg, you need to seriously think about this. If you get a group of rowdie guys committed to come to the Rockets game for an entire season using a discount, you will have people cheer like crazy as they did in the last three home games. Their craziness will rub off on all the fans. You will have a true homecourt advantage from now on. From that, you win more games, and more fans will show up and buy the tickets, and they will cheer louder and louder. TC won't be this dead morgue anymore. Are we going to have Arco's/Delta Center/OKCity crowds? Maybe someday. But anything is better than what we have now.

Have you read the book "The Tipping Point"? If you haven't, read it. It talks about sometimes, a small amount of right actions can trigger a spectacular social storm. I think the Red Alert fans can do that. The Internet is a hub of information, and this particular site is a place that the diehard/addicted Rockets fans meet. If you use it well, you can trigger this social storm about the Rockets, and alot of people will become fans.

9. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Sweet! I can't believe this wasn't thought of until just now. Would have been sweet to have the Rowdies last year in the playoffs.

10. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

And maybe we would have finished off those bastards in 4... :rolleyes:

11. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

Was it the Red Alert fans that were chanting "Wes-Ley" near the end of halftime when the players started coming out of the locker rooms during the Portland game last week? You could tell Wesley heard the chants and was enjoying the cheers.

12. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Amen brother, you're absolutely right about that

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

fixed it for you. :p

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's not like the fans weren't loud during the playoffs last season. IIRC, it was electrifying in there. It's the regular season where the crowd sucks.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sweet deal, hope this is a sign of this becoming a staple of every home game

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

was nuts in game 6 of the mavs series last year

i was there :D

17. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

i got tickets to the nets game on monday. any red alert action going on for that game? someone help me out so i can get the full effect of the game, and scream my brains out helping the cause!! :mad:

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, it was really loud. I just watched R2K's highlight reel, and man....that was awesome.

It was so dang loud when Stro got the dunk to give us the lead! :eek:

19. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

That game was INSANE!!! I remember when Dikembe blocked the ball for the 2nd time... tmac brings it up and shoots a 3 from downtown Everyone throws their hands up and SWISH!!!! TIMEOUT FOR THE MAVERICKS!!! ahh.. good times.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Red Alert is cool.

Rocket Rowdies is cool too.

DD