1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

David Stern sticks it to Jim Rome

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 13, 2012.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

excellent post. (mainly because i agree with you)

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I highly suggest you listen to the full 11 minute phone interview.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

While the quote itself is taken somewhat out of context, it was still a snarky venomous response that Stern should know is headline material. And even knowing the full interview, I feel Stern could've sounded a lot more diplomatic as a commissioner should.

I side with Stern from a human standpoint. If someone kept asking me stupid questions about my job or personal life, I wouldn't have kept my cool. Heck, even on clutchfans I reply to what I perceive to be stupid posts with snide remarks. But I expect more from an NBA commissioner speaking in public.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so when I say this is like Amy Goodman interviewing Bill Clinton...does anyone get my point.

5. Babalooga

Babalooga Member

Stern's a diabolical genius. By leaving the door open for the conspiracy theorists, people get even more emotionally involved in the league than they would be otherwise. The lower half of the league has their hatred for Stern to fuel them while their teams suck. "Basketball reasons" indeed.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting: so you have kind of a Vince McMahon (sp?) model for him, right?

Maybe he's learned a few things about passion plays from our modern media world.

7. Babalooga

Babalooga Member

Yep. If the home team has a miracle season, and beats the rest of the teams and the "league system" then we're lifers. The fix is in - but the fans are the ones getting manipulated.

Maybe that makes me a crackpot ......

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Stern is a joke these days. Bitter, arrogant and drunk with power. He used to be great

Time to put his old ass to pasture

9. gambingo

gambingo Member

Much respect to Rome for being calmed even though he's a prick as well. It would have been more entertaining, even though the issue is no laughing matter, if he came back at Stern and asked if Stern had stop molesting kids.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Agreed totally **** for someone who represents the NBA.

Sterns answer to the question was bogus too. The new owner had fainting interest and was nowhere close to the money he ended up paying until a few days before the draft.

100% convinced it was rigged

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's analogous to the BCS. No doubt the controversy had helped increase the popularity of the business of college football.