1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David motherloving Beckham

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Zac D, Aug 15, 2007.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

hey, I am a Liverpool fan. Get it.

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

The inability to properly reason makes sense now.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

:D

dont go there.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Exhausted already? Pfffft...please.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=456562&cc=5901

Beckham won't play in Colorado on Sunday

Associated Press

Exhausted after playing three games in six days, Beckham won't travel with the Los Angeles Galaxy for Sunday's Major League Soccer game in Colorado.

Coach Frank Yallop decided to rest Beckham after evaluating the star midfielder's condition following a 3-0 loss Thursday to Chivas USA. He's expected to play next in Wednesday's SuperLiga championship against Pachuca at the Home Depot Center.

"I'd love to be on the pitch with my team this Sunday, but our training staff has advised me that it would be detrimental to not only my health for this game but for the rest of the season as well," Beckham said in a statement issued by the Galaxy. "Thanks to all the fans that have supported me these last few weeks; I look forward to making it out to Colorado for our next scheduled match there."

Beckham, who joined the Galaxy last month, played the entire 90 minutes for the English national team in a 2-1 loss to Germany on Wednesday night in a friendly at Wembley Stadium. He had only six hours to rest after making the London-to-Los Angeles flight before playing 90 minutes again Thursday night.

"He looked hobbled," Yallop said after the game. "I used him tonight, and I shouldn't have done that."

The Galaxy (3-9-5) has the MLS' second-worst record.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Thank you for the article. BECKHAM should at least play some 20 minutes at the end of the game... else there will be a RIOT outside the RAPIDS' offices... :D
    So... guessing the shot is a trait of the best goalkeepers in the league? He shouldn't have moved BEFORE the ball was kicked is my point. :eek: Rookie keepers make scorers look even better.

I love it how your highlights are from TELEFUTURA and not ESPN or ABC... I LOVE IT. :D It's a LATINO WORLD...

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The Galaxy make themselves look dumber by the day. They're going to rest him on Sunday after having him play 90 minutes on Thursday after he played 90 minutes the day before in England.

7. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Lol, I know what is the logic in that. And Landon Donovan who played about 80 minutes or so the day before with USA against Sweden got substituted in the 60th minute! David Beckham was the one with the sore ankle not Donovan, I'd be upset if I were going to the Colorado game and paying to see David Beckham and not be able to see him play even a few minutes but you can fault the Galaxy stupidity for that.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

IMHO it shouldnt just be galaxy fans clamoring for the resignation of frank yallop and alexi lalas but mls fans in every city. This is beyond f*cking ridiculous.

First of all Steve Mclarens a w*nker for having becks fly in for a meaningless friendly and i say meaningless because he excused Stevie G and other "injury" casualties yet becks who had a genuine ankle injury and has gone from playing the latter part of the 07-08 season with madrid to playing in mls with a two week vacation in between had to play in the game. Rather than give lennon or swp the right wing for the whole game he chose to bring becks in. Knowing becks aint no way he would decline the call.

Then the idiot that is frank yallop. dream34shake said it all. absolutely ridiculous. Why not bring in becks in the 2nd half for 20 mins or so and save him for a 2nd half appearance in colorado. Their season is over, they all know it, so all thats left is the mandatory becks appearances in the mls cities.

Oh, and becks would never tell the coach to bring him out the game, the man will play through anything so its up to idiots like yallop to sub him out.