1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[David Frum] Why Trump Supporters Think He Will Win

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 30, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump will win because majority of people in this country think we're losing our country to globalism which brings nothing but chaos and hardship.

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Ah yes, the people are Republicans because they are too stupid to be Democrats line of reasoning. That one never gets old.

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do you also share the view that Obama is a secret Muslim who's plan all along has been to destroy Christmas?

Also I didn't write "Republican", I wrote 'Trump supporters". Is it your contention that they are one and the same and as a Republican does that mean that you are now a Trump supporter?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

How do you get "Republicans" from rocketsjudoka's post? :confused:

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just makes stuff up - kinda like Trump. They are all learning how to lie.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Strong username to post content ratio.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're not losing to globalization, people are just being left behind.

I thought Republicans took personal responsibility for not being able to compete with world.

American companies are making the greatest profits in the history of earth. There is more wealth today in America than there ever was. But Republicans said it would "trickle down" to the middle class. It hasn't happen. What has happened is it has "trickled-up"

Globalization isn't what is hurting people, it's the reality of capitalism. And it will get worse and worse. Because fools like you will ultimately put a Republican who will slash taxes and create more trickle up.

1 person likes this.
  8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. These are the consequences of weakening financial regulation and repeatedly slashing taxes.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hillary and her neo-Liberal policies will probably splinter the party down the line if the pubbies continue to implode and evade any and all forms of responsibility.

More and more insanely rich people are backing her...for good reason.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think what you're describing is much more likely to happen if Hillary loses.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And that's the GOP problem. Their only solution to all problems is more tax cut, especially toward the top earners.

Trump does bring an old solution to a new set of challenges due to a smaller interconnected world - isolation from the world. But that's worse. That's a path toward destroying our economy and will shrink both the upper and middle income bracket. Throw in how crazy he is and it is an easy choice to not elect him.

I think continuing down the same path the US has been on, the problem of a good standard living for many Americans is likely going to get worse when automation kick in (hitting both the lower upper and higher middle income bracket earners) and when the other countries have produced a smarter and better educated workforce. And if we lag behind the new green economy, it's game over for us as the most powerful nation in the world.

There does need to be some new directions and we should try maybe something like a solid safety net and health care for all, investments in technology, infrastructure, vocational and higher education and so on so that we can compete on a global scale and provide a realistic path for the lower and middle class to move up. I'm especially concern about education - it's the single most effective investment to move the lower and middle income earners up. If we don't do that, we will have more folks hanging onto the safety net (that should be a last and temporary resort, not a way of living) and putting enormous pressure on the middle class (and maybe upper as well) to sustain that.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In skimming over the article, it mentions the Kaine/Keane "name" issue. It is not the fact he mixed up the names (no big deal), it is that he presented Keane's NJ record as Kaine's and Keane's lack of popularity as governor to Kaine. that was the big deal and I don't think Trump supporters get that.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The question is, are there enough of these voters out there. What about all the voters who are completely turned of by his message, will they turn out in force to vote against him(Latinos for example).

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump voter portrait, pretty informative string of tweets:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was interviewing two former Arizona state senators/Trump supporters in the convention hall in Cleveland when something weird happened. 1</p>&mdash; Michael Grunwald (@MikeGrunwald) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGrunwald/status/760170723201593344">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They're Cubans, Of course they don't think Trump is racist. Cubans hate latinos.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I can't rep you enough. (System won't let me.)

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whats more is that Trump is a huge Globalist in practice and uses both foreign labor, manufacturing and financing.

Looking at Trump's history it is hard to believe he would actually stop Globalism when he has benefited from it so much.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

The stock market I think is going for a major correction of nearly 50% based on technical analysis alone within the next 6 months.

Usually chart tell a lot a head of time, it need a trigger and nothing can be better than Trump presidency .

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No, though I couldn't care less what religion Obama follows.
    I do not contend they are one and the same. I will likely vote Libertarian, though were I in a battleground state I would vote Trump. I just recognized in your post an idea commonly expressed by the left for as far back as I remember.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What about her politics in the last 50 years (She become a Democrat at 21 years old) are conservative?

She moved over to the Democrat party at the same time many Democrats were becoming republican and vice versa. LBJ redefined that the party would stand for in regards to racial injustice and poverty.

Plus, your political party growing up is heavily influenced by your family. She became a young adult and made up her own mind. Putting her in the category of Trump seems ridiculous.