1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With Kenny Smith getting consideration like this I'm thinking it's him...

2. Sanity2disChaos

He's a jazz. Pass. My hate runs deeeeeeeeeeeep!

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

David Blatt I can see him staring at Les with his beady eyes and spitting while trying to speak. David Blatt sucks..

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Nah, you suck. A lot.

If your family had to choose between David Blatt and you, they would probably choose David Blatt.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I'll kill myself if we sign blatt

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Or it could be a peace offering to the TNT crew. :grin:

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please don't do that. Relax, Kenny the Jet Smith is on the way.

9. Fantasma Negro

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't think that he will be signed, but if he will, leave a contact address. I mean, if he turns out to be the winning ticket, I think you should be informed. He did some amazing things in Cleveland.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I could have coached that Cavs team to the finals in the East. Blatt is a decent coach but he would not be first or second on my list.

12. Oracle

Oracle Member

So why don't you apply for the job? Blatt had something like 7 players when he went to the finals against a perfectly healthy Warriors team. LeBron, Tristan Thompson, Timofey Mozgov, JR Smith, Matthew Dellavedova, James Jones and Iman Shumpert (suffering from groin injury). Do you really think that that is a roster fit to deal with the Warriors?? Still he won two games and took one more to OT in the finals. Except for LeBron, none of those players would have seen minutes in the Warriors rotation.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If this is a life and death situation for you, you really need to check your priorities.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

David Blatt was hired to bring the Princeton offense to the Cavs, and was basically laughed out of the gym by Lebron. Pick and Roll, Iso is what took over, along with of course the pin down screen which everyone uses. The roster as currently constructed would not benefit from the Princeton. You have to have a 4 or 5 that can consistently hit the elbow shot. Let us not forget a true point guard to help run and set the pace of the offense without turn overs.

16. rockets13champs

Do the rockets have a pf who can score??? Or a true PG

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree that the Princeton offense didn't make a ton of sense once that roster got assembled.

And I definitely agree that Blatt never really had the authority he should have had or needed. He never got buy in from Lebron, and had his lead assistant picked for him, paid the highest assistant salary ever, and who Lebron backed anyway.

All that said... Lue has really just done the obvious offensively. They won't continue shooting three's like this, but their offense is better because of simple, easy changes Lue instituted, principally with regard to Love, and principally getting him more at the elbow, mixing up his spots, etc.

MAYBE Blatt tried to do that over and over and the team just wouldn't listen, but does listen to the exact same thing from Lue??? It seems likely, though, that Blatt wasn't capable of tweaking the offense that was being run, even if he might have been capable, with a lesser team, of instituting a completely different, successful offense.

I vote no to Blatt, for these reasons principally:

(1) Perhaps not the leader needed. Unless he learned his lesson, doesn't seem to demand respect. Too passive aggressive... and given his background and lack of name brand in the NBA, can't have that.

(2) Offensive 'genius' coach who didn't have them running well offensively.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

bet you wont

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Beasley can score anywhere on the court I think all of us are huge fans. In the Princeton, the bigs have to pass Beasley would have to BUY in the offense in order to see the cutters and screens being set. As of now that is not his role on the team. This team needs a Mike Bibby type of point guard, which it sorely lacks. Pat is good for the contract, but he is a product of the role reversal of Harden. Too much pressure on Harden to carry the whole offensive system on his back. Houston needs an inside the paint play maker Howard was suppose to be that guy.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

No doubt, Blatt has a sound basketball mind given his background, however his success is tied to the Euro- leagues. One of the hardest jobs for a coach is getting his team to trust and BUY in to his schemes and system. NBA and Euro-league are two different monsters. I agree Blatt can not lead this team, and besides this Houston roster does not have the personal to run the Princeton.