1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden is going to get Blatt fired too.

Hire JVG and let him and Harden duke it out in the octagon for alpha status.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Why is everyone okay with letting players get coaches fired? I know it's a players league but Harden alone hasn't and won't bring us a title so why does he get to potentially disrespect and fire a potential HC?

Honestly, Harden hasn't done **** to have that type of potential clout.

Hire the best basketball coach available, that's all I'm asking.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

If he couldn't coach Bron what makes you think he could coach Harden

4. ipaman

I don't want him to coach Harden, I want him to coach the team. If Harden won't respect him then show Harden some clips of Curry winning MVP spliced together with Kerr coaching Curry.

Harden has never and will never win an MVP or Title by himself so everyone needs to stop pretending that's the case.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

As in last Thursday?

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think Harden would be receptive to Blatt's offensive system. The trouble, which goes for any coach that comes on board, is the personnel running the system. The roster, as a whole, is not talented.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Again, Harden is no LeBron or Curry or KD to demand a certain coach. He is just not that caliber of player. His input should certainly be considered since he is the franchise player but it should not be the be all end all.

Part of Rockets' problems are Harden holding Maury and by extension this organization by the cojones. That needs to end.

Get the coach you feel is best suited to turn this around and has a system on offense and defense. Get each and every player to buy in and hold them accountable.

8. ipaman

QFT!!!

9. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

If I thought Blatt could command the respect of a team, I'd be somewhat interested. His basketball smarts are pretty highly respected. But it seemed like his lack of prior connection to the NBA caused his players to tune him out to an extent, especially when James unofficially took the mantle of player-coach.

Maybe in his second try, he'd have a better shot, but here doesn't necessarily seem like the best opportunity.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Do yall think Joerger will be let go my the Grizzlies?

I think he would be the perfect coach here..

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Absolutely not Blatt, anything but Blatt...

12. beargbw

beargbw Member

hire Blat as the assistant coach

13. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Only if the Grizzlies are really dumb. He proved his worth by keeping that team afloat despite losing almost all of his talent.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Blatt is too nice of a guy, Harden would run circles around him...

Rockets need an A-Hole coach who will not take crap off of the players such as Thibbs, Mark Jackson, Mario Ellie.. etc..

T_Man

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'd take him over Luke Walton

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

now with jvg i'd rather have him as the coach but i dont mind blatt if jvg declines.

17. basketballholic

JVG basically let McGrady do whatever he wanted offensively. McGrady was even drawing up plays. And like McGrady said it was on him. And we never got out of the first round.

Now we're stuck in the same failing, unimaginative,. one-dimensional, sucking whirlpool of death basketball, except this version doesn't even try to work with his big man. At least McGrady loved Yao and got Yao the basketball even if he did limit ball movement so much that we were easy to snuff out in the playoffs. You do realize those McGrady/Yao teams were more diverse than this current system, don't you? And they were still terribly one-dimensional with way too many possessions ending on a juwan flat-footed 17-foot line drive jumper or Rafer chucking up a 28% 3-point shot.

It's not going to matter who our coach is if that person does not convince James to move off the basketball. We're simply not going to win a championship with Harden as primary playmaker. He dioesn't share the basketball enough. He does not give up the basketball early enough to allow for even a secondary creator to be effective.

The next coach has to convince Harden to accept his role as primary scorer and secondary playmaker alongside a truly great distributor(s) that will make this team a multi-faceted offensive juggernaut.

JVG incidentally has made a statement recently that makes me think he understand this fact. He talked about different ways to use Harden off the ball. When I heard that it felt like he was putting his hat in the ring. Because I personally believe Morey understands and knows that this has to happen for us to win. This is a more important change than even signing Durant and/or Horford. Maybe JVG does get it.

#37 basketballholic, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Blatt met with New York president Phil Jackson about Knicks' coaching job on Monday, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/725338241344241664">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. malakas

malakas Member

I dont think jackson gives the job to Blatt but who knows.

20. MONON

MONON Member

Totally agree. Bring in someone with Rox ties - Ellie, Cassell, Battier, JVG,etc.