1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt Fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DorianTurk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Garbage. There is no other explanation. And even that isn't a good one.

2. boiler

boiler Member

LeBron was not consulted? Yeah right :rolleyes:. Don't understand why they feel the need to lie about this.

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Perfectly stated. This is a asinine move. The multiyear deal for Lue is quite telling.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So Lebron wasn't consulted about the decision but they went ahead and did exactly what they knew Lebron wanted?

Kind of the same thing, no?

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

wtf? He coached the cavs to the finals and took the warriors to 6 with kyrie and love injured...This season they are number 1 in the east. What more do they want?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron James cannot be made coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, per rules of the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement</p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/690638941792243712">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One recent Cavs concern, I was told, was David Blatt's reluctance to consistently challenge LeBron. He's coach-able, but respect is earned.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/690643816685015040">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Nice try Cavs media. Just say it: LeBron fired/got Blatt fired. He's no different than any other superstar.

Williams/Sloan, Dwight/Van Gundy, Harden/McHale,... off the top of my head

Players were not consulted on decision to fire David Blatt, I'm told. No one pushed to have him ousted. Was ownership/management decision. &mdash; Chris Haynes

One recent Cavs concern, I was told, was David Blatt's reluctance to consistently challenge LeBron. He's coach-able, but respect is earned. &mdash; @Sam_Amick

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No idea. The McHale firing made sense. The Rockets were 4-7 and getting their asses kicked on a nightly basis by scrub teams at home. And even that was trashed by nearly everyone in the national media as a kneejerk move. Can't wait to hear the spin on this one.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lue has agreed to a three-year contract with Cavs, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/690644372040318976">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe Blatt was ****ing Lebron's mom like Delonte West. That explanation would make more sense.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If LeBron is behind this. . . . . why did Spo last so long
    LeBron could have gotten him fired too

Either way this is absolutely shocking

Rocket River

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

2 Part Issue Here:

1. Blatt was Hired as Head Coach on 06/20/2014. LeBron announced in July 2014 that he was going back to Cleveland. Blatt was already the coach and Cavs did not plan for LBJ to return, otherwise Blatt would not have been Hired to begin with.

2. LBJ was in favor of Lue being HC when he decided to come back. That's why so many league sources thought a rookie coach, like Blatt at the time, would not last as long as he ultimately did.

So yeah, "Coach Killer" LeBron James strikes again.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Honestly, I have a feeling that this move will not be scolded as harshly as the McHale firing. I'm not saying it is sensible but wouldn't surprise me.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lebron makes all coaches look good

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

And Cavs brass believe Lue will challenge LeBron? LOL.

I would have gone with Thibs. He would have pulled out his dick-measuring stick day one on the job.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo. &mdash; @WojVerticalNBA

I've seen the reports about LeBron not being involved (?), but if LeBron James wanted David Blatt to remain coach, he would still be coach. &mdash; ‏@IraHeatBeat

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Them Warriors got one of the best coaches in the business and now are getting other teams to fire their coaches. First Rockets, now Cavs

20. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I respect Lebron's dedication to the game, but his inability to correctly use his influence is just ridiculous. This whiny little passive aggressive bi*** finally got what he wanted but waaaaay too late. If he had just gone to management and straight forward said "I cannot play under this coach, period." then they would have dealt with it in the off season. Instead, he just let it all drag out. Lost a lot of respect for the guy today, not the way to behave or act professionally.